Bucket Hooks MF 838 Quick Attach Loader BUCKET STUCK!!!

/ MF 838 Quick Attach Loader BUCKET STUCK!!! #1  

lmcniven

Tractor
MF375
I am mechanically challenged and new to tractors. We have bought a used Massey Ferguson tractor 375 with a quick attach loader - MF 838 for our hobby farm. The bucket hooks on to the loader and is secured with a steel rod. The rod as a spring. I can't get the rod out to release the bucket.

Is there some trick I don't know about. We did this before to get the round bail fork on.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thank you, Lisa

/ MF 838 Quick Attach Loader BUCKET STUCK!!! #2  
Pull harder. :D

If it has been off before, it should come off again.

Pictures would help.

/ MF 838 Quick Attach Loader BUCKET STUCK!!! #3  
Hey Lisa, does the rod attach to a lever, or anything else like that? If so, a cheater pipe slipped over the lever will give you more power to get it loose. They do get stuck...some dirt, etc gets in there an keeps things from moving.

As mentioned, a picture would really help.

/ MF 838 Quick Attach Loader BUCKET STUCK!!! #4  
I am mechanically challenged and new to tractors. We have bought a used Massey Ferguson tractor 375 with a quick attach loader - MF 838 for our hobby farm. The bucket hooks on to the loader and is secured with a steel rod. The rod as a spring. I can't get the rod out to release the bucket.

Is there some trick I don't know about. We did this before to get the round bail fork on.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thank you, Lisa

The only picture I can find shows a top hook setup that's not that uncommon, but it's hard to see exactly how the bottom pin moves in/out.

W14617-4.jpg

As anything that gets "stuck", you can apply PB Blaster or ATF/Acetone, let it soak, apply again, etc... add heat, and pound out with a punch and a hammer. Also, see if adding weight to the bucket or unloading it in the opposite direction (use the tip of the bucket to lift up) helps at all.

Of course, use copious amounts of grease next time.