MF GC2310 steering motor bushings

/ MF GC2310 steering motor bushings #1  

Mattmotors

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 2310 TLB
Quick question. How do I pull the steering wheel off? I have a fly wheel puller for outboard motors that matches up, How ever, the 3 holes in the steering wheel is just plastic. What kind of screws am I using to screw into the steering wheel to pull it off the shaft? As far as the bushing, I know that they are no longer available. I have some rubber washers that were for a trolling motor mount that match up pretty good. Thanks in advance , Matt.
IMG_2874-preview.jpg

/ MF GC2310 steering motor bushings #2  
Quick question. How do I pull the steering wheel off? I have a fly wheel puller for outboard motors that matches up, How ever, the 3 holes in the steering wheel is just plastic. What kind of screws am I using to screw into the steering wheel to pull it off the shaft? As far as the bushing, I know that they are no longer available. I have some rubber washers that were for a trolling motor mount that match up pretty good. Thanks in advance , Matt.View attachment 724033
Not sure how your wheel is constructed but my wheel is also mostly plastic. The metal part has to be hit with a punch or chisel from below. Can be quite difficult to remove.

Hopefully someone else here has a better method!!

/ MF GC2310 steering motor bushings #3  
The book says:
1) Use a flat screwdriver to remove the middle cap on the steering wheel.
2) Remove the nut
3) Pull the steering wheel upwards off the splined steering shaft.

I would assume by reading this that is should be able to pull it off without needing any tools to do it.

Attachments

• steering1.pdf
    105.2 KB · Views: 38
   / MF GC2310 steering motor bushings
I got it off. I read deeper into tractor by net. 3 inch 1/4 20 screws in the holes. nuts underneath the steering wheel, snug it up, applied some torque and off it came. I did keep the nut on the shaft so I wouldn't damage the threads.

/ MF GC2310 steering motor bushings #5  
Glad you figured it out and thanks for letting us know!!