MF GC2310 TLB Issue

/ MF GC2310 TLB Issue #11  
Could it be one of the glow plugs has failed? Maybe one of the cylinders is just not firing right away in the cold?

Just a thought.

/ MF GC2310 TLB Issue #12  
yeah my post should have said thats a worse case scenario.
but there also a simple case scenario that may be involved.
easy to test for.
make sure tractor in same conditions that cause the sneeze.
DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING AT THIS POINT
simple...yank your air filter out leave the cover off.
try to start as normally would.
if acts as expected (no "sneeze") buy a new air filter, cause cleaning present not gonna help.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / MF GC2310 TLB Issue #13  
Could it be one of the glow plugs has failed? Maybe one of the cylinders is just not firing right away in the cold?

Just a thought.
possible but that "sneeze" stuff is usually, from the many I have dealt with, an air intake issue.
granted those were on air start trucks.
when your truck is air start and you hear sneeze just after it tries to start....its air intake issue. its getting choked.
funny thing is...on stethoscope..electric was louder than air wih probe against block. weird.

and if I am wrong please let me know.

Last edited:
   / MF GC2310 TLB Issue #14  

Just a thought.
That is a very interesting idea. Good one. Should be easy to ohm out the glow plugs and see if one is dead.

/ MF GC2310 TLB Issue
I went to check my sneeze this morning. I pulled the air intake boot or tube out of its location in front of the radiator so I could see it. I secured a piece of tape over the end so I could see if the flap of tape would be sucked in or would be blown out on the sneeze. Started it up and of course, no sneeze today. The flap of tape was sucked in the tube. I was surprised how much vacuum there was on the end of the tube. Took the tape off and put things back to normal. Used the tractor later in the afternoon. No problem. I will test again tomorrow.
I want to thank you guys for all your input. Every day is a learning day for me.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / MF GC2310 TLB Issue #16  
I also have a 2007 GC2310 (1100 hrs+/-). Key on mine is turn LEFT (against spring) to activate glow plugs; turning right is as expected, first position is power on, second spring-loaded position is to engage starter.

My only suggestion would be to activate glow plugs longer when it's cold -- I'll turn key left (GP), hold for 30-40 seconds, release for 10-15 seconds, then turn left again for 30-40 seconds.... then turn right to power on & start.

Seems like I've also heard that "sneeze" sound occasionally, never paid any attention to or worried about it. Figured it was just the result of an "almost fire" in one of the cylinders.

/ MF GC2310 TLB Issue #17  
Although it's possible, I don't remember anyone blowing a head gasket on one of these.

/ MF GC2310 TLB Issue
Well , It feels like summer has hit in Central New York. Regarding the sneeze issue, It hasn't happen since I posted the situation. Maybe I was giving it too much fuel on a cold winter start. Thanks for all of your suggestions and comments, Matt.