MF1528 how to examine driveshaft? No more 4x4

/ MF1528 how to examine driveshaft? No more 4x4
If that's what is actually going on, then it could be bolt stretch or a bent axle mount. A few comments about 2 bolts not sufficient to hold the axle properly. Would be pulled off the tranny end because if the axle end, it would flop around with loud noises.
I'll keep and eye open and take a look to ensure evrything is alligned

I never noticed any abnormal noise other then the fact that I had no more 4x4.

Tractor has arond 1500hours. I had it for a full year so far and I did put arond 75hours on it sience.

You say it's posble to hadf extract bolt to the axel and axel month?

There are previus post on forum about this?

I'll search for this wheb I get acess to a computer. No easy on the phone.

/ MF1528 how to examine driveshaft? No more 4x4 #12  
Like a couple people have suggested, with the engine shut off and in 4WD lift one wheel off the ground and spin the tire and listen carefully for any noise. Might be even better with two people.
Listen especially for any noises in the area of the coupling (#3) in this diagram. Look at drawing 314, front drive shaft.

Last edited:
   / MF1528 how to examine driveshaft? No more 4x4
I fixed the issue.
I removed the drive shaft cover and there was a Snap ring that was disconnected. I clean and lube everything and did put the Snap ring back in place. The issue was resolved.

the drive shaft was disconnected...

/ MF1528 how to examine driveshaft? No more 4x4 #14  
I work at Kubota. So if you can't get to the shaft easy, jack up a tire and turn it. If you don't have 4x4 it will spin when it should not. There is more than one way to skin a cat.
Don't most Kubota's have a splined coupler on the drive shaft that is softer than the splined shaft and can wear out (both mine do) and I've replaced them in the past. I presume most do correct?

/ MF1528 how to examine driveshaft? No more 4x4 #15  
Don't most Kubota's have a splined coupler on the drive shaft that is softer than the splined shaft and can wear out (both mine do) and I've replaced them in the past. I presume most do correct?
Usually, in fact every time, a customer brought one in it was broke axle or ring and pinion. They had already called in and been talked through the coupler.