mf2320 mower gauge wheel

/ mf2320 mower gauge wheel #11  
my MF2326 mid mount uses these and they come off hard.

View attachment 706841

massey part number 4260289M1 and should be around 4$ each.
same clip used the 2325. may fit yours.
Yup, that's mine too, and they yanked right a few times now when mowing next to cattails around my pond.

/ mf2320 mower gauge wheel #12  
Yup, that's mine too, and they yanked right a few times now when mowing next to cattails around my pond.
wow I've nailed mine with spruce brush and limbs and they never moved

/ mf2320 mower gauge wheel #13  
Yeh I guess it was just my luck maybe. Either way, screw and nut, problem solved.

/ mf2320 mower gauge wheel #14  
my MF2326 mid mount uses these and they come off hard.

View attachment 706841

massey part number 4260289M1 and should be around 4$ each.
same clip used the 2325. may fit yours.
I do not see any way that one of those spring type concentric circular clips would ever comp off unintentionally. I've seen many over the last 3 or 4 decades and never saw one of those come off without human assistance.

/ mf2320 mower gauge wheel #15  
Mine also has those spring-wound clip things. What a PITA to remove... but I've never lost one, either....

/ mf2320 mower gauge wheel #16  
I bought these wheels on Amazon for about $10 each.

Maxpower 335098B Deck Wheel for John Deere M111489, AM-116299, M11149

Had to bore out the holes using a 7/8" (I think) twist bit in a variable speed hand drill. Drill slow, only a few RPM as the plastic comes out in one ribbon. If you have a better drill press than mine and a jig to clamp the wheel, that might work too. I added a single 7/8" washer on either side. They do slide side to side on the axle a bit so a few more washers might be helpful, but they do work. Did that last fall so nearly one full mowing season and still working.

/ mf2320 mower gauge wheel #17  
I bought these wheels on Amazon for about $10 each.

Maxpower 335098B Deck Wheel for John Deere M111489, AM-116299, M11149

Had to bore out the holes using a 7/8" (I think) twist bit in a variable speed hand drill. Drill slow, only a few RPM as the plastic comes out in one ribbon. If you have a better drill press than mine and a jig to clamp the wheel, that might work too. I added a single 7/8" washer on either side. They do slide side to side on the axle a bit so a few more washers might be helpful, but they do work. Did that last fall so nearly one full mowing season and still working.
I bought a set for my Kubota BX2200 MMM deck from Amazon at about that same price. The set included the special bolts for each wheel which fit the Kubota deck and of course the wheels they came in. No drilling involved. Surely that same kind of set is sold for the Massey deck. I'd look harder before doing any drilling on wheels intended for some other intended host deck.

/ mf2320 mower gauge wheel #18  
I had a different set of problems with my 2325 MMM. First, the snap ring at the base of one of the swivel wheels (front) apparently fell off(??), so the whole thing dropped down and the washer fell off and was lost. Had to drill out a large washer to get that to fit, but daughter's R&D outfit had a snap ring... so that was a fairly easy fix.

While putting the MMM up for the winter, I discovered that on the rear wheels, the slotted spring pin that holds the wheels onto the axles (all four wheels use this method) had been ground away by rubbing on the washer(s) over the years, no doubt because of the sandy nature of the backfill put in around the house when it was built.

Half of the pin was ground away, half-way through... but the lower section was completely gone. Turned the wheel over in my hand to get at the grease fitting... and one of the washers dropped right off! (WTH??) Then I saw the pins were worn away.

So-- if that ever happens: pins are metric, 5mm. Closest I could find locally was 3/16" (Tractor Supply), which worked, but the fit is not so tight. Have some 5mm x 40mm pins on order (Grainger).

Fist pic is front wheel, showing the pin the way it's supposed to look. Second pic is one of the rears -- note that the lower half of the pin is completely gone. Third pic is from MF parts diagram. Fourth pic is one of the 2 pins after it was removed & cleaned up.

DSC00297.JPG DSC00300.JPG DSC00301.JPG DSC00303.JPG

Last edited:
   / mf2320 mower gauge wheel #19  
I had a different set of problems with my 2325 MMM. First, the snap ring at the base of one of the swivel wheels (front) apparently fell off(??), so the whole thing dropped down and the washer fell off and was lost. Had to drill out a large washer to get that to fit, but daughter's R&D outfit had a snap ring... so that was a fairly easy fix.

While putting the MMM up for the winter, I discovered that on the rear wheels, the slotted spring pin that holds the wheels onto the axles (all four wheels use this method) had been ground away by rubbing on the washer(s) over the years, no doubt because of the sandy nature of the backfill put in around the house when it was built.

Half of the pin was ground away, half-way through... but the lower section was completely gone. Turned the wheel over in my hand to get at the grease fitting... and one of the washers dropped right off! (WTH??) Then I saw the pins were worn away.

So-- if that ever happens: pins are metric, 5mm. Closest I could find locally was 3/16" (Tractor Supply), which worked, but the fit is not so tight. Have some 5mm x 40mm pins on order (Grainger).

Fist pic is front wheel, showing the pin the way it's supposed to look. Second pic is one of the rears -- note that the lower half of the pin is completely gone. Third pic is from MF parts diagram. Fourth pic is one of the 2 pins after it was removed & cleaned up.

View attachment 722130 View attachment 722131 View attachment 722132 View attachment 722133
Well you got the 5mm spring pins ordered already. I was gonna say, just hit ebay, I find stuff like that pretty cheap on ebay.

/ mf2320 mower gauge wheel #20  
Got the pins from Grainger yesterday, and my assumption was correct, they need to be 5mm. Old new ones (3/16) came out very easily; suspect I could have pulled them out with a pair of needle-nose pliers so they probably wouldn't have lasted long. New 5mm pins definitely needed some force to tap them in. Good to go. BTW, pins were 5mm x 40 mm and I have extras (pack of 25) if anybody needs a couple.