MF35 - DA valve for SA lift cylinders

/ MF35 - DA valve for SA lift cylinders #1  

twosocks90

Bronze Member
Tractor
MF35 Utility (gas)
I have a Massey Ferguson 35 Utility tractor with a Davis 99 loader. The bucket sags off with any load on it and my testing shows that it's the control valve, not the cylinder.

I was reading another thread about running single action cylinders on a double action valve. The consensus seems to be to either (1) buy a valve with the float option or (2) feather the valve when lowering the loader so the unused port does not take full flow and put the pump into bypass.

The tractor is older and mainly used for snow removal - it's not used heavily and I do not want to spend $$$ on a pricey new valve. If you search ebay for "P4022A1J" you'll see a valve for $63 that looks like it will work. In fact, it appears to be the same valve that Summit Hydraulics recommended to me except that it has BSPP fittings on it instead of SAE. I already talked to my hydraulic hose shop and they said that the British fittings are no problem.

Are there any major downsides to using this valve, given that my lift arms are SA? I realize I'll have to fabricate a mount and return line connection since the original control valve is directly mounted to the loader's fluid reservoir and returns fluid through the back of the valve.