Miahindra

/ Miahindra #1  

TresCrows

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200, Kubota B2410
Look at this, they looked decent, though they were all larger than anything I would be interestred in. I understand they are built in India, better get one fast, future versions may be radioactive.
J

Attachments

• 19-97322-Import.jpg
    19-97322-Import.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 182
   / Miahindra #2  
J,

Unless it has Japanese components..................it MUST be junk !!!

/ Miahindra #3  
I have never seen one first hand but I have heard they are very reliable work horses and a good value. They don't have a lot of bells and whistles. I believe they used to make New Holland or Massey Fergusen?

/ Miahindra #4  
That particular model is made in Korea... and yes it looks good...

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

/ Miahindra
Whatever---if you say so /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif !

JohnMIII, that was the smallest one they had on the lot, do they make something smaller? Suppose I should look at their website--just curious.
The instrument nacelle appears to be fiberglass and notice the foot shields and metal fenders with plastic cladding. Also notice the folding ROP. It appears the engine cowling flips forward! The paint and finish work was clean and neat. These must have just came in because there was an unloaded trailer behind the fence.
J

/ Miahindra #6  
John III is right, that one is Korean. All the smaller ones are. The larger ones are made in India. Bob you may be closer that you think about the Japanese components. The dash, floor pan, fenders, transmission, and the rear end appear to be made by Iseki in Japan. I have a 1250 Massey and these components are the same as the ones on it. Iseki makes all the Massey 1200 series tractors.

/ Miahindra #7  
Our truck service garage was approached by Mahindra to become a dealer for them. They brought 2 models by (like the one pictured, built in Korea). I was expecting them to be junk but was pleasantly surprised. The ones that look like old IHC"s are built in India and look old time. The only thing that looked cheap on the Korean models were the seats. The problem in my opinion was the fact they were only 8-10% less than a comparable Kubota. HST and midmount pto's were not available as of last fall. Unlike Kubotas, they are fully assembled when they hit the dealers lot. If anyone has a chance to look at a Korean model, you will be pleasantly surprised. We did not take the tractor line on-will stick with repair of class 8 trucks.

/ Miahindra #8  
My AGCO dealer sold Mahinda for a year or two. I was talking to the parts manager a while back about what had happened to the Mahindas on the lot. He told me that they had dropped them because they couldn’t get parts for them. He told a story of how that when they were unloading a load of they last Nov. a year ago. They broke a tail light lenses. He ordered the new part that day and as of Dec.1 this year when they dropped the line, they still had not received it after several orders and calls. Bare in mind that this was on the larger utility sizes; they didn’t carry the compact size from Korea.