Mice got me!

/ Mice got me! #1  

PennTN75

Bronze Member
Tractor
TN75A
So, my trusty 2015 T4.95 developed a fuel leak on top of the engine. That is covered by the exhaust system. Well, took to my dealer and they took it all apart. Mice built a nest and chewed through the fuel return line. Ugh. Probably the "best" case scenario but still requires several hours of service time to remove parts to get at it and then another several to replace / put back together. I bet the mice will cost me $1500....

/ Mice got me! #2  
So, my trusty 2015 T4.95 developed a fuel leak on top of the engine. That is covered by the exhaust system. Well, took to my dealer and they took it all apart. Mice built a nest and chewed through the fuel return line. Ugh. Probably the "best" case scenario but still requires several hours of service time to remove parts to get at it and then another several to replace / put back together. I bet the mice will cost me $1500....

A fuel line isn't too bad. It's worse when they gnaw thru a wire-harnesses.

If you store the machine out of the weather, try these. I've had no more mice issues since.

1650673922540.png

/ Mice got me! #4  
I keep a pack of D-Con behind each headlight in my Charger. I put a pack on top of the intake of my wife's Fusion. If my Charger D-Con runs out they eat my headlight wires. You can't buy just the connectors and a new harness is about $900. Last year the labor was an additional $1500. My insurance would have covered it but I opted to spend a couple hours under my hood instead.

/ Mice got me! #5  
   / Mice got me! #6  
Since I've started using the rodent repellent all my mouse treats have gone untouched. Except in the basement because no one wants to smell the repellent in the house. I don't think it smells that bad in the sheds. Not chewing on the treats means they aren't chewing on my wires and hosing either.

/ Mice got me! #7  
Since I've started using the rodent repellent all my mouse treats have gone untouched. Except in the basement because no one wants to smell the repellent in the house. I don't think it smells that bad in the sheds. Not chewing on the treats means they aren't chewing on my wires and hosing either.
Whatever works. I have three large Tom cat bait stations that I keep full year round: one in the barn, one in the carport, and one in the shrubs next to the house. I haven’t seen many mice in these areas since I started doing this. I don’t have mice issues in the house.

/ Mice got me!
Whatever works. I have three large Tom cat bait stations that I keep full year round: one in the barn, one in the carport, and one in the shrubs next to the house. I haven’t seen many mice in these areas since I started doing this. I don’t have mice issues in the house.
I store my tractor in my garage typically. I have bait boxes all around it and no issues. I built an enclosed pole barn and I didn't put bait boxes around it. I had the tractor out there and I guess that was it! Time to wage a war on those critters!

/ Mice got me! #10  
I have a few of those too as backup. The ultrasonic repellents work. No mess, no stink, no dead bodies, and no bait boxes. It's been 4 years now without any trouble.

For the trap bait, B.O.S.S. works well. No mess, no stink and it's organic.

I like the fact it's natural. I can't get electrical everywhere on the farm for the ultrasonic repellents. Better than the toxic D-con.

I lost 1 VR behind the dash as the mice made a nest and ate the wires! From that point on it was a planned war. Glad the wires were on the VR to the connector and not the tractor harness. A $32 fix. That nest took nearly an hour to remove properly. All the electrical ran thru that area for the lights, ignition, dash display lamps and the VR. The mice dropping and pee all went to the top of the VR. It corroded badly. Glad it wasn't found on the inside tray nor the steering shaft.

DSCF4189.JPG