Microsoft Problem Resolution....

/ Microsoft Problem Resolution.... #1  

Junkman

Tractor
2003 Kubota BX-22
As I had posted a while ago, I was having problems with my computer with a partially installed version of Print Shop software. I also was having some other miscellaneous problems that I was unable to resolve on my own and all the suggestions from TBN members didn't resolve them either. I then turned to a friend that works for Microsoft and he gave me a 800 number to call with a free technical service number. I was told that the service costs per incident is $35 and after going through the service, I know it is worth it. On day one, they spent about 2 1/2 hours checking the various systems and I thought that the problems had been resolved. The computer worked great for the next 3 hours, and then another "pop up" reared its ugly head and I just couldn't figure out what to do. I called the same 800 number today and gave them the case number. I was immediately connected with a service technician that started working with me on the problem. I spent almost 4 hours on the telephone doing all the steps that he told me to do, until the problem had been corrected. It appears that the root of the problem was in the registry and once it was cleared out, the computer is back to "like new" performance. I also learned that when I purchased the Windows XP professional that it comes with lifetime support for installation and there are two free problem resolution calls included with the purchase. All that I can say is that the service that I received was first class and that they are very patient with people that are not computer literate. Since this call was a freebie courtesy of Microsoft, I still have two more free calls should I ever experience another problem. Hopefully I will not need to use them. Thanks to everyone here that tried to help me.

/ Microsoft Problem Resolution.... #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Microsoft Problem Resolution.... )</font>

Junkman,
That very phrase is an oxymoron. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Microsoft Problem Resolution.... #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( That very phrase is an oxymoron. )</font>

Wait till you work with some of IBMs software. You will then realize how good Microsoft and their support is and yes I'm being very serious with that one. We are trying to do an upgrade of IBMs Content Manager at work and IBM can't tell us how we are supposed to do it. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I'm glad I work with Microsoft's products for a living vs. trying to deal with IBMs and Suns crap.

/ Microsoft Problem Resolution.... #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm glad I work with Microsoft's products for a living vs. trying to deal with IBMs and Suns crap. )</font>

jwstewar,
You know, I've hear that before.
You've got to admit, the very subject was left wide open. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif