Mid mount Grader Blade Project

/ Mid mount Grader Blade Project #1  

Waldon52

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere
Today I am changing oil and filters in the jd 455 2 wheel steer Diesel/ snowblower tractor . Then I will pull in the jd 455 diesel 4 wheel steer tractor and do the same. Also todays pics show yesterday me pulling out 7 of my 10 little tractors. If things go as planned I will then pull the jd 110 round fender in the shop and begin the first center mounted grader blade project. I actually have three tractors I want to build center mounted grader blades for . I will end up selling all 10 mini tractors one day and because they don't have mowers they might sell better with a grader blade . :laughing: aaachangeoil.jpg

/ Mid mount Grader Blade Project
aaaherd.jpgHad to repost to get the second photo:(

/ Mid mount Grader Blade Project #3  
I'm gonna watch this thread pretty close. Looks to be a good one.

BD

Today I pulled out the jd 455 with cab and snowblower and pulled in the jd 455 mower tractor. Change oil and filters and sharpen blades. Just a wax job yet, wax on , wax off:dance1:
Next tractor in the shop will be the jd 110 round fender and when it is pulled out it will be sporting a new mid mount grader blade:cool2:aaaallwheelsteer.jpg

Tractor number three is now in the workshop and the center mounted grader blade is now under construction .
One pic shows the 48 inch wide blade on the workbench after bending the curve in it . It also shows the cutting edge drilled and bolted on . Also the end caps are welded on . The second pic shows the rough look of the blade sitting under the tractor . Next I will design and cut out the blade circle parts with the plasma cutter. This project will be done and painted by Friday morning and tractor number 4 will be pulled in for it's updates:laughing:aaabellyblade2.jpg

2nd pic aaabellyblade3.jpg

/ Mid mount Grader Blade Project #7  
You have some pretty awesome stuff Waldon!

/ Mid mount Grader Blade Project #8  
Another excellent example of craftmanship from you. May i ask how you curved the blade?

Thanks ,
I have a small Tennsmith hand brake that bends light metal . I made a slight bend every two inches and then folded over the top and bottom 2 inches for extra strength .:eek:
Todays progress pics show the blade circle parts and the mounting plate . 3/16" thick metal used. Tomorrow I will design the front hitch brackets and then join the front to the back with a light duty frame . :cool:aaacircle.jpg

Second photo aaacircle2.jpg