Milwaukee Grease Gun & grease question?

/ Milwaukee Grease Gun & grease question? #21  
Always wondered if they're all they're made out to be. I now have a Dewalt and I really like it. - - although I put a new tube in and it doesn't pump anymore (it runs and tries to pump but no grease comes out). I don't think it's got air in it, but have been to busy to check it out.
My 10 year old DeWalt quit me this Summer. Acted just like yours. Couldn't get it to prime at all. After messing with it for an hour I gave up. Bought a Milwaukee.

Biggest difference is the DeWalt moved more grease per stroke than the Milwaukee. Took me a few times to get used to that. I subconsciously kept track of strokes on specific zerks. Had to change my mental count with the Milwaukee.

The best feature of the Milwaukee is the 2spd. I have some zerks that require a LOT of strokes.

I don't use the preset feature, I just mentally keep track.

/ Milwaukee Grease Gun & grease question? #22  
I have a Dewalt too and find it a pain to bleed when you change grease tubes. What I found that works is don't even bother with the bleeder.....put your new cartridge in, but don't screw it back on tight. Leave it a bit loose then run the gun. Then once grease starts coming out hose, then tighten the cartridge body up.

Seems to work for me.
That's how I always did my DeWalt. Only time I ever messed with the bleeder was when it finally quit me. I tried everything to get it to pump to no avail.

/ Milwaukee Grease Gun & grease question? #23  
I'm curious too but I do worry that every manual task replaced by trigger pulling is one less bit of exercise I get in my day. Well, I'll get the grease gun out today - lol
I have carpal tunnel, so too much use of the manual grease gun puts my hand to sleep. But I do hear ya on the exercise.