Mini hoe usage

/ Mini hoe usage #1  

menchhofer

Silver Member
Thinking of purchasing a mini hoe for my 1430...however, I am curious as to how it is used to dig as my machine will not pivot to left or right as a backhoe. Does one just move the machine when the small bucket is full to another location and move back to take another bucket? What am I missing here?

/ Mini hoe usage #2  
I have 422 backhoe. I dig with the steering wheel centered and the machine straight, and then when you turn the machine you can dump to the left or right. The bucket of course moves with the front of the machine. It is not quite as easy to keep a straight line as a regular backhoe, but it works pretty good. I hope this explains it.

Bob Rip

/ Mini hoe usage #3  
I like digging trenches with my 9" bucket. You can just reverse to move backwards while digging.

/ Mini hoe usage #4  
I have found after some experience that you can dig very nice deep holes with straight sides. It will just take some practice but you will catch on fast.
PJ

/ Mini hoe usage #5  
I helped my neighbor dig a 9" wide 2' deep 20' long hole\trench for his new septic line, and like BobRip said, the first 2 or 3 feet of the trench was kind of jagged. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
But once I learned to not move the tractor with the treadle until I had it straightened up with the trench and only then to back up for the next short section of the trench it looked good. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
It was hard for me to get used to the fact that only turning the steering wheel gave me enough room to dump the bucket.
good luck with it. You will learn quickly how it works best for you.