Minnesota to try and ban gas powered equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Minnesota to try and ban gas powered equipment #21  
Every state legislature always has a few members who introduce wacky legislation every year. And most of this legislation doesn’t make it out of committee, much less being passed by the full body. I put this in that category.
:unsure:

/ Minnesota to try and ban gas powered equipment #22  
You need to understand the political dynamics of Minnesota. It, like a few others, is a rural state with a very large city that dominates due to sheer size. Once upon a time, states had protection for the rural areas by having the state senate represent counties. That way there was a balance, just as Congress is balanced. Then along came Reynolds v Sims where the Warren Court decided that the 14th amendment meant "one person - one vote". This, despite the fact that the Constitution clearly set up Congress to eschew that concept. There is a big misperception in this country that it is a democracy. Even if a wiser court overturned the decision, it would be tough to fix because the city populations are not likely to return balance to rural areas.

/ Minnesota to try and ban gas powered equipment #23  
You need to understand the political dynamics of Minnesota. It, like a few others, is a rural state with a very large city that dominates due to sheer size. Once upon a time, states had protection for the rural areas by having the state senate represent counties. That way there was a balance, just as Congress is balanced. Then along came Reynolds v Sims where the Warren Court decided that the 14th amendment meant "one person - one vote". This, despite the fact that the Constitution clearly set up Congress to eschew that concept. There is a big misperception in this country that it is a democracy. Even if a wiser court overturned the decision, it would be tough to fix because the city populations are not likely to return balance to rural areas.
As you know, that's also why we have an electoral college.

/ Minnesota to try and ban gas powered equipment #26  
Funny part is Toro headquarters is in Minnesota. Article I read included diesel power so basically any small tractor would be above 25hp and tier 4. Bad for MN dealers, good for WI, IA, ND and SD dealers business.
Toro owns a lot more than just Toro....

Brands[edit]​

The company's products are marketed under several brands:[14]

• Toro – irrigation systems & supplies, professional and consumer mowers, compact utility equipment, snow blowers, and handheld trimmers and leaf blowers[15]
  • Toro Ag – agriculture professional microirrigation systems, such as driplines, driptapes and sprayers for professional agriculture applications
  • Boss Snowplow – snow and ice removal
  • Charles Machine Works– Includes the following brands
    • Ditch Witch
    • Radius
    • American Augers
    • Subsite
    • Trencor
    • HammerHead
  • Dingo – compact heavy duty hydraulic equipment[16]
  • eXmark – commercial mowers[17]
  • Hayter (United Kingdom) – consumer and professional mowers.[18]
  • Intimidator Group – utility vehicles and mowers[19]
  • Irritrol Systems – irrigation systems for residential and commercial landscapes[20]
  • Lawn-Boy – consumer mowers[21]
  • Lawn Genie – consumer irrigation
  • Pope Products (Australia) – garden maintenance equipment[22]
  • Unique Lighting – low voltage landscape lighting[23]
  • Ventrac - tractors for maintenance and lawning

/ Minnesota to try and ban gas powered equipment #27  
I hope the bill makes it past committee, is voted on, and passes. IMO we need a lot of little 'wake up calls'.

I call them citiots for good reason. They prove it with every endeavor they focus on.

BTW, did not need to use "words like liberal, left, right, politician names, etc," Anyone with two active brain cells knows where the problems are. Outlawing weedwackers and chainsaws has to be one of the dumbest things a group of politicians can do.

/ Minnesota to try and ban gas powered equipment #28  
Every state legislature always has a few members who introduce wacky legislation every year. And most of this legislation doesn’t make it out of committee, much less being passed by the full body. I put this in that category.

The bill has 2 sponsors. That's about how many votes it will get.

/ Minnesota to try and ban gas powered equipment #29  
You can sit here and mock the idiots for wanting to try to band the small motors, whatever the limit, they choose.

The problem is most of us on this forum understand how to work and get things done. Many many of the people living in the city have no clue. They are used to simply picking up the phone and having someone come and fix or do the chores that they need done. How they get done is of no consequence to them.

They have no understanding of the cost of the machinery, the maintenance is required of the machinery, or the skill to use the machinery. They just want it done.
And many of the city dwellers that might have come from the rural areas are ashamed of being a hick. So they’ll pay no attention to the silly laws being passed either.

I’m sure there’s many of you who have sensed the superiority that many city dwellers exhibit over the rural people.

I’m just saying, I’m proud to be country.

Last edited:
   / Minnesota to try and ban gas powered equipment #30  
<<<<<<<<<< (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.