Mirror Solution: Inexpensive, Vibration Free, Fits All Your Tractors Bike Mirror

/ Mirror Solution: Inexpensive, Vibration Free, Fits All Your Tractors Bike Mirror #1  

Mad Mac

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5555
The kind of mirror bicyclists wear on their helmet or glasses to keep from being flattened by SUVs.
Take-a-Look Compact Size Visor Mount Eyeglass Mirror The Bikesmiths

Untitled_81_73749b65-7d8a-4c6a-8ae7-1a29002439a5_550x.jpg

Traffic was piling up behind my ranch hand sometimes when he was traveling on the road. I follow at distance to increase his conspicuity and prevent people from racing up behind him. He couldn't hear my horn over the tractor noise and I wanted him to pull over whenever he had a chance and let people by.

Racked my brain trying to figure out what mirrors to buy and where to mount them on my two tractors. On the FEL where they are too far away to do any good and will get dusty and knocked off by branches or on the sun shade where they will vibrate, get dusty and knocked off by branches. Then it hit me. The tiny mirror that bicyclists use.

We tried it out on the road this week and he said they worked great. As I followed him I could tell he could see his six. He was pulling over and letting traffic by in a timely manner. We clipped them to a pair of safety glasses he wears and he liked it so well he keeps them separate from his every day safety glasses so he won't lose or damage the little mirror. It can probably clip to the brim of a baseball hat, too.

We will try it next time we spray or drag to see if it helps him keep an eye on things.

/ Mirror Solution: Inexpensive, Vibration Free, Fits All Your Tractors Bike Mirror #2  
Hos is this supposed to address vibration? You can hold a drink in a vehicle from spilling, put it in a holder and it will spill. Kind of the same with a head mounted mirror.

/ Mirror Solution: Inexpensive, Vibration Free, Fits All Your Tractors Bike Mirror #3  
If he can see traffic with mirrors clipped to his glasses why not just turn your head?

/ Mirror Solution: Inexpensive, Vibration Free, Fits All Your Tractors Bike Mirror
Hos is this supposed to address vibration? You can hold a drink in a vehicle from spilling, put it in a holder and it will spill. Kind of the same with a head mounted mirror.

You are absolutely correct. It will not help if your head is vibrating.

/ Mirror Solution: Inexpensive, Vibration Free, Fits All Your Tractors Bike Mirror
If he can see traffic with mirrors clipped to his glasses why not just turn your head?

Do you use the mirrors on your car? Why not just turn your head?

/ Mirror Solution: Inexpensive, Vibration Free, Fits All Your Tractors Bike Mirror #6  

"why not just turn your head"
You are obviously not an old guy!

/ Mirror Solution: Inexpensive, Vibration Free, Fits All Your Tractors Bike Mirror #7  
"why not just turn your head"
You are obviously not an old guy!

Over 60 and look over my shoulders when running Down the road between fields and especially while in the field doing work.

/ Mirror Solution: Inexpensive, Vibration Free, Fits All Your Tractors Bike Mirror #8  
I turn my head to check the blind spots before changing lanes and whenever backing up.

And that my friends is how you get a high post count.

Have a good day.

/ Mirror Solution: Inexpensive, Vibration Free, Fits All Your Tractors Bike Mirror #10  
Who the H cares about a high post count? Good Grief!