Mirrors on a 3R Cab

/ Mirrors on a 3R Cab #1  

bigtiller

Tractor
JD 2720 & 3039R
I am thinking about putting left/right outside mirrors on a 3038R. I would like to know if they get in your way more often than they are beneficial.
Maybe even a pic if anyone has one.

Last edited:
   / Mirrors on a 3R Cab #2  
bigtiller
With cab, or without?
What are you wanting the mirrors to do for you?
Watch for traffic when on the roadway?
Save having to turn around to watch rear attachments?
... if so, which attachments?

/ Mirrors on a 3R Cab #3  
Cab tractor, not used in wooded area...probably a good idea
Open station, probable wouldn't add them

/ Mirrors on a 3R Cab
Cab tractor. It's main job will be mowing a 4 acre acreage and snow blowing. I have a few trees and buildings to mow around and a wind break that is old enough that I just need to mow around the outside row of trees, no timber or hills involved. I'll be on the gravel road when mowing the ditch and an occasional joy ride to do some "road farming".

/ Mirrors on a 3R Cab
I should add that it will have a 72" belly mower and a front mount 60" snowblower.

/ Mirrors on a 3R Cab #6  
I realise that you are asking for a cab (yep, I can read a thread 'title' :rolleyes:) and I have an open-station... I found it very beneficial to mount a single mirror on the 'road side' only.

Mostly it's for when I'm 'roading' the tractor (so, according to your location, this would be on the left side. Mine's mounted on the right.) but it also gives me a free-side option for when I do need to get in close to something.

/ Mirrors on a 3R Cab #7  
Cab tractor. It's main job will be mowing a 4 acre acreage and snow blowing. I have a few trees and buildings to mow around and a wind break that is old enough that I just need to mow around the outside row of trees, no timber or hills involved. I'll be on the gravel road when mowing the ditch and an occasional joy ride to do some "road farming".
The Deere mirror kit (both left and right mirrors) costs just over $200. I've got them, just never installed them yet. I bought them mostly for watching how the flail mower is doing and the very infrequent road trip. Probably use them when snow blowing too, but I'll still be looking backwards when doing that chore.
Before I mow the field in the Spring, I go around the field periphery and trim back any branches that could damage the cab.

If you road your tractor a lot, I'd think the mirrors would be essential

/ Mirrors on a 3R Cab #8  
You can save a few bucks on aftermarket mirrors but be warned they are not as stout as the JD ones. They do work just the same.

Not having mirrors is a PITA but that may be just me. I use all of mine all the time. It's how I back up my truck and the brides SUV. I hardly ever turn around to look driving anything.

/ Mirrors on a 3R Cab
I found a part number for the Deere mirror and a pic of the right side mirror. It is a lot more mirror than I thought. My Gator has cute little mirrors that work good and fold out of the way easily. The tractor mirrors look to be big and bulky comparatively.
I am leaning towards leaving them off.

Wagtail...I edited the title a few hours after posting. I am giving your one side mirror some thought, thanks.

/ Mirrors on a 3R Cab #10  
Love the mirrors. Use them all the time. Took a while to learn to dodge it getting out of the cab but wouldn't be without them.