Misc. Notes on Visit to Dealer

/ Misc. Notes on Visit to Dealer #1  

Tom_H

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200
Dropped the BX2200 off for service yesterday and chatted with owner and svc. mgr. for awhile. Dealer is Sacramento For Tractor (used to be Sac. Ford Tractor-after NH bought Ford, dlr. just ripped "d" off the wall to change name!)

They had a B3030 w/ cab still on pallet, no wheels yet. Was pretty.

He had 3 Woods BH6000 sitting out, 2 w/ BX sub-frames attached. He showed me some "tiger teeth" sized for BX23 bh or the Woods BH6000. He said he'd changed his mind & now thought either bh could dig in local hardpan, particularly with these teeth on (they were shaped like a human eye tooth-a.k.a. canine).

There was a BX23 with bh off and 3ph on. They were mounting a very small (smallest I've ever seen) GearMore phd on the back. They were grinding paint off the top of the u-bar and getting ready to weld a 3/4" x 2" x 6" steel plate to stand vertically atop the U-bar as a leverage point for a down-pressure kit. Land Pride has the only down-pressure kit and phd that'll fit a BX without modification (except rear hydraulic mods.). He doesn't have Land Pride account so this was a custom rigging. Price on this project was $1800, about same as the Land Pride.

The lot was virtually empty when I got there, only a few big items outside. I was afraid they'd gone out of business. Turned out they had moved all their inventory inside. Thieves hit them several times, cutting fence, and loading everything up in trucks, especially BXs, before law could respond. Insurance covered some losses, but not tractors sitting in for service. He said the law had no leads and the losses were tough to absorb financially.

/ Misc. Notes on Visit to Dealer #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( He said the law had no leads and the losses were tough to absorb financially.
)</font>

That just flat out sux! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Might do him & the law well to monitor ebay and other bargin-mart type periodicals for them to show up. Anything dirt cheap should raise some red flags....

Good report otherwise.

Volfandt

/ Misc. Notes on Visit to Dealer #3  
If you ever stop in there again could you find out who makes the "tiger teeth" that were BX sized? Wondering if they would fit the bucket on my BX23 and I can think of a few other projects where they might come in useful.

/ Misc. Notes on Visit to Dealer #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( If you ever stop in there again could you find out who makes the "tiger teeth" that were BX sized? )</font>

You try checking here and see if they have anything:

Fabco web page

/ Misc. Notes on Visit to Dealer #5  
Thanks - that is an excellent reference. Looks like Fabco has teeth and ripper shanks for pretty much everything.

/ Misc. Notes on Visit to Dealer
I'll be back Mon. to pick up the BX. The teeth I saw were just like the Fabco AD156-T and AD156-WT. I'll ask when I'm there. The Fabco scarifer adapters look like the best possiblilties for my almost concrete like hardpan.