Missing Grease Fitting on Water Pump?

/ Missing Grease Fitting on Water Pump? #1  

ToolManRick

Silver Member
Tractor
Nortrac (Jinma) 204C
My manual mentions greasing the water pump. Danged if I see any fitting on mine. I remember a grease cup on some older designs of water pumps, but mine apparently doesn't have a fitting of any sort. Is this something that's been redesigned with permanently greased bearings?

/ Missing Grease Fitting on Water Pump? #2  
Rick,
I am not much help here. I went out and looked mine over and I don't see a fitting either. Mine is 224 04 model.

/ Missing Grease Fitting on Water Pump? #3  
There is no grease fitting used on the newer water pumps.

/ Missing Grease Fitting on Water Pump? #4  
My Agracat does not have a fitting on the water pump either. The dealer who sold it to me was going over all the maintenance points and said that older pumps had the fitting but newer ones do not. Today's anti freeze solutions also have ample corrosion and lubricant qualities to keep the pump and seals working healthy for a long time. I don't know if the shaft bearing have been changed to a sealed style or not though.

Hi_tork

(Thats 1st gear, low range & creeper selected)

/ Missing Grease Fitting on Water Pump? #5  
I asked the same question two years ago,,204's did,,254's didn't,,my manual covered both,,,,thingy

/ Missing Grease Fitting on Water Pump?
Wow, thanks guys. Very interesting about the 2 years part. The manual is copyrighted 2004, but there have been a few other discrepencies. Thanks. Now I know I'm not the only missing a nipple.