Missing Loaders ?

/ Missing Loaders ? #21  
Most business do (I do as well) because buying from a producer (mill) entails buying thousands of tons at one time so only the largest manufacturers do.

Mills only sell in bulk quantities and usually master coils only that still have to be processed (levelled or pickled or slit to size) by another firm that specializes in those processes.
I know. I work in a mill but to call it just a shortage is a cop out for the real problem

/ Missing Loaders ? #23  
All supply chain issues.

All supply chain issues.
Cop out excuse. If its cylinders then it's cold rolled rod. What's the utilization of usa hot and cold mills for rod product? If its nor 100% then we have more capacity. is it sitting waiting on shipping? Then we have a logistics problem. Is it bought and waiting on ma ch ining?

I

/ Missing Loaders ? #24  
I wonder if this may be due, at least in part, to Kubota not anticipating FEL demand to the same degree some of the competitors have.

The reason I say this is that for TYM, LS, Branson and Kioti the FEL is effectively standard equipment at this point. I am sure Kubota sells more units and sells many with FEL, but the default is that it is an add-on. So if Kubota expects even 90% of them to sell with FEL, but the others anticipate 100%, it could make the problem worse by comparison. I've been on a lot of lots lately and the FEL problem appears much worse for Kubota than other brands. I am sure they will get it addressed.

/ Missing Loaders ? #25  
We have loonies and twoonies plus colorful plastic bills and don't use pennies so if you pay cash it's rounded to the nearest $0.05 :)

The tractors all arrive as skid units at the dealer here, smaller cabbed ones as well but they are more complete. Larger ones are on tiny rims/tires for easier sea shipment. Dealer does final set up, fenders, ROPS, wheels, etc etc.

Not sure what country the components are combined for which models, largest M series have France on them.

My comment on the loaders was more it the US plant isn't keeping up the could sell the ALO Quicke versions as well. Very common to see either a US LA or European Quicke on the lot.

ALO has been high quality loaders for a long time. I bought one back 40 years ago and was impressed by the quality. At the time they used better quality fittings, cylinders, and directional valves than most of the competition. At least that I saw. They used to be standard factory equipment on some compact tractors, maybe still are.
rScotty

/ Missing Loaders ? #26  
ALO has been high quality loaders for a long time. I bought one back 40 years ago and was impressed by the quality. At the time they used better quality fittings, cylinders, and directional valves than most of the competition. At least that I saw. They used to be standard factory equipment on some compact tractors, maybe still are.
rScotty

Yes, they have made OEM loaders for at least one series of tractor for Case IH, New Holland, MF, Fendt, Valtra, Kubota that can think off. I should have saved the photo of a Kubota tractor with Massey Red and MF decal loader arms with Kubota orange cylinders, mounts and quick attach. (Owner must of bent original Kubota orange arms and found MF arms that fit)

/ Missing Loaders ? #27  
Yes, they have made OEM loaders for at least one series of tractor for Case IH, New Holland, MF, Fendt, Valtra, Kubota that can think off. I should have saved the photo of a Kubota tractor with Massey Red and MF decal loader arms with Kubota orange cylinders, mounts and quick attach. (Owner must of bent original Kubota orange arms and found MF arms that fit)

The ALO I bought had cylinders with an adjustable packing nut at the rod end. My guess is that the packing inside of the large 2" diameter cylinder end nut functioned as a sort of pre-filter for the rod seal. Or maybe that was the rod seal. It never needed to be taken apart.
Nice loader - although I'll say that the factory loader on our Kubota M59 TLB would match the ALO in frame and arm quality. The ALO loader was QA without SSQA vs.the Kubota being permanently mounted and with SSQA.

/ Missing Loaders ? #28  
Passed a Kioti dealer today. Several brand new tractors in various sizes. Every one I could see had a loader.

Down the road a few miles is a JD dealer. In the past they had several tractors on display on the lot along the main road. Today, not a single one was there, not in any size. They may have moved their stock to a different lot though.

/ Missing Loaders ? #29  
At our county fair this weekend only kioti and mahindra had loaders . Not a single kubota Deere or new Holland had a loader on it

/ Missing Loaders ? #30  
The local dealer has about 20 new tractors in stock, in the 20-50 hp range, and only one has a loader on it. My father in law had to wait about 6 months for one for his new Kubota, about a year ago.

Is this a complete failure of the “just in time”, lean manufacturing system ?
Messicks just put out a video on how they’re struggling to get loaders and implements in. I guess there’s still a huge shortage of hydraulics?