Mitsubishi D4000 trans problem

/ Mitsubishi D4000 trans problem #1  

PapaDave

Tractor
Mitsubishi D4000
Tractor worked fine, shifted into reverse, then when shifting back into forward, nothing! PTO still works but tranny shifts through all gears without depressing the clutch. No forward or reverse now. Any ideas?

/ Mitsubishi D4000 trans problem #2  
Tractor worked fine, shifted into reverse, then when shifting back into forward, nothing! PTO still works but tranny shifts through all gears without depressing the clutch. No forward or reverse now. Any ideas?

Is it a multi range tractor? Could the transmission have jumped out of range or range neutral if you will?

Last edited:
   / Mitsubishi D4000 trans problem
Us it a multi range tractor? Could the transmission have jumped out of range or range neutral if you will?
You can actually run the shifters through all the gears without pushing in the clutch. I took the top off of the tranny and could see the main output shaft spinning, the PTO in back works fine, I'm thinking perhaps an intermediate shift my have sheared or something. I can't make any sense of it, that's why I wanted to get the forums help.....

/ Mitsubishi D4000 trans problem
You can actually run the shifters through all the gears without pushing in the clutch. I took the top off of the tranny and could see the main output shaft spinning, the PTO in back works fine, I'm thinking perhaps an intermediate shift my have sheared or something. I can't make any sense of it, that's why I wanted to get the forums help.....
And, that being said, there's a good chance there's an obscure lever somewhere that I'm unaware of that actually does shift the entire tranny into neutral......