MMM for RK24

/ MMM for RK24 #1  

JLH4

Silver Member
Tractor
Rural King - RK24
I didn't get a mower with my RK24 because I didn't want to haul it around all the time. But now I'm rethinking that decision. How easy is it to mount and remove it. I know nothing about MMM so any advice would be appreciated.

/ MMM for RK24 #2  
Most people skip the MMM and get a three point finish mower. It’s cheaper, easier to take off and put on and usually gives a better cut. I don’t know how the TYM MMM cuts. The only negative about the three point mower is turning when it is on. It will swing wide on sharp corners.

/ MMM for RK24 #3  
I didn't get a mower with my RK24 because I didn't want to haul it around all the time. But now I'm rethinking that decision. How easy is it to mount and remove it. I know nothing about MMM so any advice would be appreciated.
It looks to be a drive-over design, but I can't tell for sure. Would like to know more about it myself. My sister has a JD with the drive-over deck and it is easy enough to handle. She has MS and can still manage to drop and re-install the deck.

/ MMM for RK24 #4  
It looks to be a drive-over design, but I can't tell for sure. Would like to know more about it myself. My sister has a JD with the drive-over deck and it is easy enough to handle. She has MS and can still manage to drop and re-install the deck.

The RK M48, M54 and M60 mid-mowers are not drive over type. We are exploring for the future, but our perspective is that drive over decks are challenging to maintain in adjustment to keep attachment as he as it looks in the demos. We are focused more on making the attachment simpler.

/ MMM for RK24 #5  
The RK M48, M54 and M60 mid-mowers are not drive over type. We are exploring for the future, but our perspective is that drive over decks are challenging to maintain in adjustment to keep attachment as he as it looks in the demos. We are focused more on making the attachment simpler.

From my perspective, the slick attachment systems are nice but all I really need to avoid is having to drag that heavy deck out from under it. If the deck could be gusseted so that it can be driven across that would solve the biggest problem, even if it used the current mounts or something similar.

/ MMM for RK24 #6  
From my perspective, the slick attachment systems are nice but all I really need to avoid is having to drag that heavy deck out from under it. If the deck could be gusseted so that it can be driven across that would solve the biggest problem, even if it used the current mounts or something similar.

A real simple addition would make that task much less difficult. A simple set of wheels, or the ability to turn the anti-scalp wheels to be able to roll it sideways instead of dragging it. Simple in discussion here, but I don't know how simple it would be in design and manufacturing.

/ MMM for RK24 #7  
Does the Yanmar M60 deck fit the RK24?