Moderator for Power-trac forum? MOSSROAD?

/ Moderator for Power-trac forum? MOSSROAD? #1  

Marks481

Platinum Member
Tractor
Power Trac 422 (2005)
Anyone know if there is a moderator for this forum? It would be nice to make some posts stickies, such as the OWNERS BY STATE and maybe some of the better modifications threads.

If we don't have anyone, I nominate MOSSROAD (sorry mossroad, but your post count pretty much puts you in the limelight, I am about 10000 posts behind you, so am not in the running.)

Anyone else want to vounteer or second my nomination? I figure maybe if enough of us PM the forum moderator we might get a response.

/ Moderator for Power-trac forum? MOSSROAD? #2  
Tim, MossRoad is a moderator, as are several other people, but we don't normally have moderators only assigned to specific forums; i.e., several of us are moderators in this as well as the other forums. However, I don't think the moderators can do what you are suggesting. I think that would have to be done by one of the administrators. If I'm wrong, one of the other moderators can correct me.

/ Moderator for Power-trac forum? MOSSROAD? #3  
Well, I didn't have to wait for another moderator to correct me; one of our other members did so.:eek: Apparently moderators do have the ability to do what you suggest, although personally, I think I'd rather leave that up to the adminstrators to make that decision.

/ Moderator for Power-trac forum? MOSSROAD?
Bird said:
Apparently moderators do have the ability to do what you suggest, although personally, I think I'd rather leave that up to the adminstrators to make that decision.
The whole point of appointing lots of moderators on a forum is to make the individual forums more useful. I doubt the administrators routinely monitr this forum, nor do they have an understanding of the types of posts that would be useful and deserve to be stuck to the top of the forum. It seems to me that there are a number of useful posts that could be stickied for easy reference. Mossroad owns a PowerTrac, so he would have a lot more understanding of what is important and alot more interest then someone who only casually reads this specific forum and who doesn't own a powertrac.

/ Moderator for Power-trac forum? MOSSROAD? #5  
I am certainly not disagreeing with you, Tim. And if MossRoad wishes to make some of them sticky, that's entirely up to him as far as I'm concerned. The problem (in my opinion only) is that I would expect different people to have different ideas as to which threads should be made sticky and making them all sticky wouldn't serve any great purpose. So I'll leave that decision to others, but I'm speaking entirely for me, personally, not any of the other moderators or administrators.

I assume you also know that you can send a private message to Muhammad with any recommendation you wish to make in regards to TBN.

/ Moderator for Power-trac forum? MOSSROAD? #6  
Good suggestion Tim. I second the nomination for Moss Road. His knowledge of Power Trac issues and use and his knowlege of tractor stuff in general is impressive. What should we put as stickies?
Member list by state.
Tractor use tips.
Modifications list. - Pick the best two or three.
Favorite tractor attachments.
Newbe stuff, since those same questions get asked over and over.

I am sure that we all not all agree, but I trust Moss' judgement. Not that Birds comments are not appropriate. We should limit the stickies to at least 5 and not more than 10 IMHO.

I agree, but probably no more then 3-5 stickies would actually be the best. And lock the stickies after the first page or so (a sticky that collects 10-20 pages looses effectiveness... the moderator can always go back and edit/add important info at others request). Maybe a FAQ thread with links to some of the best past threads, such as the 3 or 4 aux hydraulic lever mod. Most used tractor attachments (there have been probaby half a dozen threads covering that). 10 hour maintenance tips (filter cross reference... I end up doing a search for that at least once a year).

Last edited:
   / Moderator for Power-trac forum? MOSSROAD? #8  
Tim_in_CT said:
I agree, 5 stickies would actually be the best. Maybe a FAQ thread with links to some of the best past threads, such as the 3 or 4 aux hydraulic lever mod. Most used tractor attachments (there have been probaby half a dozen threads covering that). 10 hour maintenance tips (filter cross reference... I end up doing a search for that at leats once a year).

I like the concept of links to best threads. One stickie would cover a lot of ground that way. We really need subsection under the power trac section.
The stickie might be a help to address this.

/ Moderator for Power-trac forum? MOSSROAD? #9  
Yes, I'm a moderator here at TBN. I usually hang around this forum and only perform moderating duties here and in the other forums when notified of posts that need attention by you, the TBN members. I rarely intervene in a thread on my own and let the TBN members at large decide what needs attention and why.

So, the members of the Power Trac forum want a few sticky posts at the top of the forum? We could do that with Muhammad's permission, but I would imagine that we have to be kind of selective about what goes up there and how many. Otherwise, it gets clutterred. I'll ask Muhammad about it. :)

that would be great. Most of the other forums that I have been to do have one or two (or 15!) stickies to help new comers (and regulars as well) access vital info with duplicating threads. I just noticed a few days ago that this was misisng from here, except for a few on some of the General forums (like pricing, attachments, projects, etc).