modifying the M comfort seat?

/ modifying the M comfort seat? #1  

DaBear3428

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5145
I'm a big guy and my seat bottoms out as well as is just a little to far forward and low for my tastes, has anyone modified this seat to increase the weight holding and also moved it backward as well as up? I'm thinking of adding a rail made from 1.5 X 3 14ga tube to both sides moving the seat up and back 3 and 3". as to the weight rating i'm thinking i will look at it while i have it off to maybe add an air wedge to it.

any thoughts?

/ modifying the M comfort seat? #2  
I'm 6' and raised mine 2 inches. Still could use more. BUT...the higher you go the quicker your knees hit the steering wheel. And you can't (or at least I can't) extend the steering wheel upward/outward even in the upright position.

2" is much better than nothing, but 3-4" would be better.

I did get an air suspension seat (finally). worth every penny.

/ modifying the M comfort seat?
I'm 6' and raised mine 2 inches. Still could use more. BUT...the higher you go the quicker your knees hit the steering wheel. And you can't (or at least I can't) extend the steering wheel upward/outward even in the upright position.

2" is much better than nothing, but 3-4" would be better.

I did get an air suspension seat (finally). worth every penny.
yes i'm thinking that 3" would be about right the 5100 series has more room behind the steering wheel. how did you modify your seat? Photos?
what air seat did you get? I really like the new M comfort seat with the arm rests but do need more weight adjustability (or lose a lot of weight)

/ modifying the M comfort seat? #4  
I'm a big guy and my seat bottoms out as well as is just a little to far forward and low for my tastes, has anyone modified this seat to increase the weight holding and also moved it backward as well as up? I'm thinking of adding a rail made from 1.5 X 3 14ga tube to both sides moving the seat up and back 3 and 3". as to the weight rating i'm thinking i will look at it while i have it off to maybe add an air wedge to it.

any thoughts?

IMG_4182.JPG

This worked for me. Up 3”and back 2”.

/ modifying the M comfort seat? #5  
yes i'm thinking that 3" would be about right the 5100 series has more room behind the steering wheel. how did you modify your seat? Photos?
what air seat did you get? I really like the new M comfort seat with the arm rests but do need more weight adjustability (or lose a lot of weight)
Modifying the seat was easy. Took two 2" rails running front to back, drilled them in the same bolt pattern and inserted them under the seat.

When I got the suspension seat, it was already 2"+ taller than the old one, so I removed the old rails. The suspension seat you get will be determined by how much clearance you have between the lever controls on the sides of your seat. I have levers on both sides, so I had to find a seat that would fit in-between. Probably narrower than what you have available to you.

/ modifying the M comfort seat? #6  
The OEM seat on my Kubota M6040 moves forward/backward. It can be adjusted to fit me fine. My problem - an ice cold/hard as a rock seat when it's truly cold outside.

I was given a foam "hot pad" for the seat. Works pretty well. Throw it down on the seat, sit on it for ten minutes or so. The seat is then pretty soft and a whole lot warmer.

/ modifying the M comfort seat?
View attachment 770884
This worked for me. Up 3”and back 2”.
that is what i need looks like 3X3 16 gage? i'm planning on keeping the stock seat i like it just need more weight capacity (or lose some).
has anyone tried to install an air wedge under the seat to keep it from bottoming out?

/ modifying the M comfort seat? #8  
Here's what I did. To keep the seat from bottoming out I simply adjusted the knob at the front of the seat to pre-load the spring. I'm a six feet tall and weigh 190 lbs.
rScotty

seat riser installed.JPGSeat Riser Parts.JPG

/ modifying the M comfort seat? #10  
I have the 3016; not sure if my comment will help but I put sections of schedule 40 PVC inside the seat springs.

Maybe 1" dia X 3" long; whatever fits inside of the springs.

The rocking side to side was really tough on my L4 & L5.