Money where my mouth is.

/ Money where my mouth is. #1  

Goose1776

Gold Member
Tractor
Massey 2706e
Friday, I’m going to gather all my rubles and shekels, and pay for my PowerTrac and attachments.
Anyone think of any reason, I shouldn’t get any of the highlighted attachments???
Not sure how well a couple of them actually work, but could see benefits in having
I am going to get 2 custom plates, and weld one to an SSQA adapter, the other to a 3point quick hitch, so as to use a couple of my current tractor attachments

Thoughts?

IMG_0361.JPG

/ Money where my mouth is. #2  
Just me (and I'm not all that familiar with Power Trac equipment), but if the post hole digger head uses standard auger bits it might be worth doing a price comparison on the auger bits.

...and if it doesn't take one of the standard sizes (e.g. 2" hex, 2-9/16" round) it may be worth considering whether it's worth adapting one from either a skidsteer or mini-skidsteer/stand-on compact loader just to future-proof myself against unforseen tasks and avoid being tied to a non-standard auger bit shank.

Just my $0.02 though....

/ Money where my mouth is. #3  
I would just get the 54" grapple bucket and not the 4 in 1, teeth, and 60" bucket. The grapple bucket comes with teeth, and it is far superior for handling brush compared to the 4 in 1 with is really only good for getting higher dump height.
Try out the stump cutter to see if it works like you expect.
I hope you have enough work to justify the cost of a power rake.
If you spread salt, the machine is going to get very rusty.

/ Money where my mouth is.
Jjp8182. Good point on auger bits, I’ll have to look. As I already have the 6” and 9” on a current PHD. Was going to sell it, but may be $$ ahead keeping the bits from it to re use.

I would just get the 54" grapple bucket and not the 4 in 1, teeth, and 60" bucket. The grapple bucket comes with teeth, and it is far superior for handling brush compared to the 4 in 1 with is really only good for getting higher dump height.
Try out the stump cutter to see if it works like you expect.
I hope you have enough work to justify the cost of a power rake.
If you spread salt, the machine is going to get very rusty.

The buckets, I’m not sure about. Was planning to use The 4in1, for digging, some light grading, pulling out lots of old fence posts, back dragging out old fence rows etc.
I’m also going to be getting a Wicked55 grapple from EA, again. But it’s back ordered 3-4 months. Lol
The stump cutter is definitely one, I’m undecided about, Terry did tell me I could use it as a makeshift wheel trencher, as well. But it may not work real well at either task…
The power rake, I won’t use as often as I should, with as much as it costs, but the few times I will use it, I can see it being very worthwhile.
Good point on the spreader, I won’t be spreading salt, but was planning fertilizer and pellet lime, and I wouldn’t want that blowing back on me either. So may scratch that one out right away
Thanks for the input.!!

/ Money where my mouth is. #6  
You can always rent equipment when needed for those few times. I agree with forgoing the 4 in 1. Not worth it, IMO. A chain and your normal bucket can pull fence posts.

/ Money where my mouth is. #7  
Jjp8182. Good point on auger bits, I’ll have to look. As I already have the 6” and 9” on a current PHD. Was going to sell it, but may be $$ ahead keeping the bits from it to re use.
May even end up cash ahead by selling and buying new 36" or 48" bits from a local source if those prices are current.

For example: just looked at website for a local (to me) company (Skid Steer Attachment Depot – Skid Steer Attachment Depot carries high quality skid steer, excavator, mini skid steer and tractor attachments and more. Browse our online catalog.) and saw new Lowe 2" hex auger bits being advertised at:
$199 for 6" dia. x 36" length ($239 for 48")
$370 for a 12" dia x 36" length ($395 for 48")
and $645 for a 24" dia x 36 length

So the price comparison could be very worthwhile.....

Also may be worth considering getting another extra backer plate to make an adapter for mini-skidsteer attachments as they tend to be lighter and require less hydraulic flow than full-sized SSQA attachments. Not sure the sort of hydraulic flow output Power Tracs have, but the mini-skidsteer attachment requirements tend to be more inline with what compact tractors provide.

Current. Updated slimmed down list.
Thinking I can always get more attachments later… thanks to all, and feel free to keep input coming, I’m sure I’ll change my mind again. Lol.
And it will help the next person making the same decisions.
IMG_0362.JPG

/ Money where my mouth is. #9  
I'd sure try and get forks for it if at all possible. The pallet forks are one of my most used attachments. If anything, get some SSQA forks for your adapter. That may be cheaper. But certainly find a way to get some forks.

I'd sure try and get forks for it if at all possible. The pallet forks are one of my most used attachments. If anything, get some SSQA forks for your adapter. That may be cheaper. But certainly find a way to get some forks.

Definitely.
I have a set of forks from Artillian, they are by far my most used loader attachment. Those and a future ea wicked grapple are my reason for the SSQA adapter