Montana 2740 reviews ?

/ Montana 2740 reviews ? #1  

Maka

Veteran Member
Tractor
None at the moment
Hello All,

Just looking for some reviews on the Montana 2740. Do you own one? How long? How many hours? What do you use it for?

Please let us know what you think.

Thanks,
Maka

/ Montana 2740 reviews ? #2  
I do not own a 2740 but I did look at it really close when cosidering a purchase. It was an excellent tractor but for the extra money I purchased the 3040. The options like the electric/hydraulic PTO, 12x12 transmission and dual rear valves were well worth the extra money. The 2740 was had similar standard options to a JD in the same class where as the 3040 was a "loaded" tractor.

/ Montana 2740 reviews ? #3  
Can you give us an idea of what you paid for your 3040?

/ Montana 2740 reviews ? #4  
With a Montana Box Gannon, canopy, the new sloped loader and tax.... etc out the door ~$17,000. My dealer was easy to work with and arranged great financing. I was impressed.

/ Montana 2740 reviews ? #5  
In our area the 2740 is our best seller, Great machine for the money for landscapers and homeowners on a budget

/ Montana 2740 reviews ? #6  
I love my FarmTrac 270, just turned 105 hours and all is well. Great, easy to operate little tractor. I was using my FIL's MF135 and this is heaven compared to that beast. Power steering, shuttle shift and 4 WD make all the difference. Wouldn't hesitate to buy it all over again.

John