Price Check Montana 4320

/ Montana 4320 #1  

kerlingb

Tractor
none
I am a first time tractor buyer. Looking for a compact tractor to do brush mowing and deer food plot work. I have been looking in the 25ish HP range, but came across a Montana 4320 TractorData.com Montana 4320 tractor information that fits within by budget. It is a 2010 model year with about 100hrs. No FEL and no attachments. Listed for $7k. I'm thinking that in the long run I may be happier with the extra HP.

I was hoping to get general impressions of the Montana brand and this model in particular if anyone had them.
Also was hoping to get impressions on the price.
Anyone know of a place i could find original list price for this tractor?

Thanks for any help/insight.

/ Montana 4320 #2  
Montana is no more. They ceased business 3-4 years ago. Were built by LS/Farmtrac at the time, I believe. I would stay away from it.

/ Montana 4320 #4  
:welcome:
To the forum from Alabama.

/ Montana 4320 #5  
Hello, I have a Montana 4320, its a 2006 model. I bought it in 2008 and have had o problems with it. My tractor listed at $14,500 but I got a $2000 rebate from Montana. As far as the price, I don`t think I would give more than $6000 for it. Mine has been trouble free so far. If you don`t mind a off brand tractor it would be fine. You can get parts from a LS dealer. Filters can be got from auto parts stores, just cross reference the numbers. The tractor is listed at 43 horse power and the Pto at 37. The tractor is built very good. The only thing I don`t like is the R4 tires, I would rather have R1 tires. The dry weight is 4250 pounds. The 3 pt is listed at 3000 pounds. I do have a owners manual, if you need to know any other info, let me know.

/ Montana 4320 #6  
Welcome kerlingb. Good luck with your tractor search.

/ Montana 4320 #7  
LS makes a good tractor. One of the distribution channels here used to be Montana (they were often called LG Montana). LS has also sold as FarmTrac, McCormick, and they build compact tractors now for New Holland & Case.

If you like the tractor, it's in good shape, and you have a parts source ... I'd say $6k-7k is very good.

/ Montana 4320
Thanks for the input guys. Seeing as it's LS made and overall I've gotten a good impression of LS I'm thinking of moving forward on this. Thanks again

/ Montana 4320
I do have a owners manual, if you need to know any other info, let me know.

You don't happen to have an electronic copy of this do you?? Also do you know the closest Corresponding LS model?