Montana 5740C intermittent no crank

/ Montana 5740C intermittent no crank #11  
It's fixed!
I tested battery it, was good. Tested starter cable it, was good. Removed dash panel then Omhed primary
side of starting circuit, It was good. Cleaned around battery and found loose burnt up terminal for the ground
wire to chassis. Repaired wire with new terminal and voila it started. Started it a few times with no further problems.

/ Montana 5740C intermittent no crank #12  
Rusty, Did you ever find your problem? I am having the same issue.

/ Montana 5740C intermittent no crank
Ron,
Go back and read my posts. Warm weather no crank was bad starter relay ...cold weather no crank was bad glow plug relay/timer module. Be sure to check and clean your grounds.

/ Montana 5740C intermittent no crank #14  
Thanks for the post RustyA. This thread has been very helpful.
I've got the same tractor and am having a similar problem. The glow plug light stopped coming on when I turn the key to on and the tractor won't start.I tried a new starter relay and a new glow relay with no luck. Can it be the glow timer? I just feel like I'm tossing $ at parts, but not sure what else to look at.
Keiken,
Did you ever find your issue?I am having the same issue.

/ Montana 5740C intermittent no crank #15  
Ron,
Go back and read my posts. Warm weather no crank was bad starter relay ...cold weather no crank was bad glow plug relay/timer module. Be sure to check and clean your grounds.
I did read your posts.Thanks for keeping us all posted on this issue.My issue is, cold cranks fine.Hot weather intermitted cranking issue.Replaced starter relay Q1800018 with LS OEM part,still intermittent.