more aggressive tires for my RTV

/ more aggressive tires for my RTV #1  

flyingn

Silver Member
does anyone know where to get tires mounted on rims that are MORE aggressive for my RTV? Im gonna be plowing in the winter and IO know these turf type tires are not gonna cut it.. Chains are an option but I wanna do thgat as a last resort.

Frank

/ more aggressive tires for my RTV #2  
I was going to comment on your post of your pics about the tires then I saw this post by you. I figured you would plan to use it in cold weather and snow because of the cab. I have a "worksite" RTV with the same tires. Unfortunately they do not have an agressive pattern. I posted earlier a picture of a fairly small hill that my RTV will not climb that my JD Gators would not only climb, but could stop in the middle of the hill and then continue on up. The camo colored RTV comes with more agressive tires on them. I was curious if anyone on here has those tires and how they perform? Based upon their performance in dirt, the tires on the worksite RTV will likely stink in the snow.

/ more aggressive tires for my RTV #4  
Go with the RTV900 ATV tires...they are more aggressive than the HDWS tires.

/ more aggressive tires for my RTV
kubotas atv tires?? Are these the ones on the camo version?? I wanto to get the tires if I can from my Kubota dealer..

Frank

/ more aggressive tires for my RTV #7  
Frank--

I found out the day after I got the RTV that the tires on the worksite model are a real letdown for offroad use in muddy conditions (but I did get an opportunity to try out the winch several times /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif); of course, offroad ain't exactly a worksite, either.

I'm planning to replace the "worksite" tires with ATV tires, but I doubt that I'll go with the Kubota OEMs, which are Titans. Take a look at itptires.com--the Mud Lites, for example.

You do need to know that ATV tires are set up with smaller in the front and larger in the back, I believe for tracking purposes. I'm just going to order a set of wheels and mounted tires, which all the ATV tire places ship no problem, rather than using the existing wheels. I figure as light as the vehicle is and the wheels are I can easily swap 'em on and off depending on what I'm doing, since the mudders are harder on the yard.

/ more aggressive tires for my RTV #8  
Contact Essex Mfg. ( Essex Mfg. Home Page ) for tires. Essex has made cabs and accessories for Mules for years and has now expanded into the RTV. I have an Essex steel hardtop which will be part of the steel cab when development is finished. I also have a set of chrome wheels with 26x12x12 Dayton Multitrac tires. I even got a set of studs and nuts to convert from the Kubota wheel bolts. Makes it MUCH easier to mount. Essex have some VERY aggressive tires if you really need them. They are good people to deal with. They are trying to get the info out to Kubota dealers so the stuff can be bought along with the RTV. Zimmerer Kubota in DFW area already has a dealer setup with them. I have had an Essex cab on my Mule 550 for five years and it has worked quite well so I have faith the RTV cab will be nice also. The Kubota decision to make black doors was IMHO a really dumb move. That makes their cab and doors just plain butt ugly. Too much ugly for me. Essex' cab is a pleasing shade of Kubota grey.

Rick, you can buy tires already mounted in Kubots style rims at iptires?? Thanks..

Frank

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Frank--

I found out the day after I got the RTV that the tires on the worksite model are a real letdown for offroad use in muddy conditions (but I did get an opportunity to try out the winch several times /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif); of course, offroad ain't exactly a worksite, either.

I'm planning to replace the "worksite" tires with ATV tires, but I doubt that I'll go with the Kubota OEMs, which are Titans. Take a look at itptires.com--the Mud Lites, for example.

You do need to know that ATV tires are set up with smaller in the front and larger in the back, I believe for tracking purposes. I'm just going to order a set of wheels and mounted tires, which all the ATV tire places ship no problem, rather than using the existing wheels. I figure as light as the vehicle is and the wheels are I can easily swap 'em on and off depending on what I'm doing, since the mudders are harder on the yard.

)</font>

I was at Walmart tonight and they have some cool looking aggressive tires in stock for ther Kubota! Like $56 each..

Frank