More English confusion

/ More English confusion #31  
Most of the BBQ joints in GA leave fresh loaves of bread on all the tables...generally to eat with the Brunswick stew...

I usually order "outside meat"...If they don't know what that means...it ain't a real BBQ joint...just like if you don't see smoke from a pit somewhere...drive on by...

/ More English confusion #33  
Is that to cover up the taste? Is that salad sandwich hoagie or a grinder? How about coleslaw on a pizza?

And what do you guys put on a toasted frankfurter?

btw, up here people put cheese on a hamburger ... so they can't taste the meat? (it's only beef)

/ More English confusion #34  
How about spinach on a pizza? It's actually better than it sounds.

/ More English confusion #35  
Don't forget Pop vs. Soda!

/ More English confusion #37  
Most of the BBQ joints in GA leave fresh loaves of bread on all the tables...generally to eat with the Brunswick stew...

I usually order "outside meat"...If they don't know what that means...it ain't a real BBQ joint...just like if you don't see smoke from a pit somewhere...drive on by...
I think that "outside meat" is what we call burnt ends hereabouts.

Speaking of bisquits; I'm reminded of a comedy skit by Brett Butler. Seems she was a stand up routine somewhere in the South, and was making fun of her "redneck" husband and putting down rednecks. She said some guy stood up in the audience, and shouted "If someone had taught you to make biscuits, you wouldn't be standin' up there saying that s***!"

/ More English confusion #39  

Around here Brunswick stew is seasonal, won't come back till October. Don't ask me why...

/ More English confusion #40  
Just had that last week on a veggie pizza, was quite good. ( it was my wife's pizza, mine was sausage and mushrooms).
There was a DeadHead restaurant down in Bar Harbor years ago which made great pizzas. My favorite was spinach and hamburg on whole wheat crust. Now to keep my cholesterol down I try to avoid the hamburger. :(