More high pushing power on Boomer 55, 260TLA loader or 935GBH BH

/ More high pushing power on Boomer 55, 260TLA loader or 935GBH BH #11  
You should be able to use just a rope and pull it by hand. A pine 10-15 ft can only weigh a few hundred pounds.

/ More high pushing power on Boomer 55, 260TLA loader or 935GBH BH #12  
Certainly not afraid to take a swing with someone else's liability, but, as above, not really enough detail to give a solid answer.

In general with an x or hoe I push, with a tractor fel or not I pull.

Best advice above from my view:

1. Hire a tree service unless it really is a little pine tree you could handle with a rope and saw.
2. String it to a fixed point (other tree) farther away than the tree is tall, and winch it while cutting.

Best,

ed

/ More high pushing power on Boomer 55, 260TLA loader or 935GBH BH #13  
A tree "leaning over the house" implies a pretty big tree that WILL fall on the house.

I think this sounds like a job you should get your kid to film and post on yourtub. The millions they will make will more than offset the life and house insurance losses.

/ More high pushing power on Boomer 55, 260TLA loader or 935GBH BH
No one answered because it is an impossible question to answer. Too many variables with the backhoe.

Even the loader has variables that can make it a crapshooot.

IF the loader bucket is curled too far back....as the tree starts to go over the tractor bucket will simply ride up the tree...then the only "effort" you are imposing on the tree is the weight of the tractors front end. Which wont be much if the backhoe is still on.

The backhoe.....how are you pushing....with the backhoes hydraulics? OR raising it all the way like the loader and backing into the tree?

A backhoe all the way raised and dipper full extend has little push. A lower height and combination of lowering the boom while extending the dipper has ALOT of push force. (think like you are pushing a spoil pile back from the machine). But this is at a lower height. So the backhoe is capable of more push....but the overall effect of leverage is it really more on the tree?

The "most" force is gonna be the backhoe pulling.

And since the loader only goes so high....get a chain or cable HIGHER than the loader can go for more leverage. Long enough to get away from the tree. Plant the outriggers and pull with the backhoe hydraulics. That will be the greatest force.

BUT, you have still yet to answer the simple question of how big the tree is. Sorry...."skinny little pine tree" doesnt qualify as an answer. IF this is a 15' tall 6" diameter white pine a SCUT could push it over and you are here with a big 55hp utility with a backhoe asking questions?

It is a skinny pine tree probably mo more than 10" at the base and manbe 60 to 70 ft. tall. There aren't many limbs until you get up high so it should be a Pushover, no pun intended.

/ More high pushing power on Boomer 55, 260TLA loader or 935GBH BH #15  
I think you have your answer. Do what YOU think is best.

/ More high pushing power on Boomer 55, 260TLA loader or 935GBH BH #16  
It is a skinny pine tree probably mo more than 10" at the base and manbe 60 to 70 ft. tall. There aren't many limbs until you get up high so it should be a Pushover, no pun intended.
Just make sure you've either got it past vertical (ie actually leaning away from the house), or that you're pushing above the center of mass of the tree above the cut, or it may just rotate on the bucket and fall the way it wants to anyways.