More Hydraulic problems

/ More Hydraulic problems #1  

Rolando

Platinum Member
Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat High Flow Turbo C-series
Well, the summer working season is here and I'm again having problems with my Toolcat. Does anybody know about a connection between forward motion and auxiliary hydraulics?

After it gets warm from use, it can become more difficult to get it to move forward and sometimes it won't respond to pedal pressure at all. When that happens, if I put it in reverse and move back slightly, it will start going forward again. Sometimes it will make a rough sound and jerky movements when I try to start going forward. Sometimes, it won't move forward if the revs are low (1100 to 1400 rpm), but if I rev up to 1800 or 2000 rpm it will slowly start to move forward.

Also, when I'm mowing, and again after the unit is warm, the hydraulic flow to the mower will hesitate or deviate when I change speed to slow down for a turn and then speed up again. I can hear a change in the sound of the auxiliary hydraulics similar to what you hear when you engage the flow to turn on the mower. When that starts to happen, I can see the results in an uneven grass cut.

I don't read about anyone else having as many problems as I've had. I'm beginning to realize that I must have gotten a lemon. Mine was one of the early production 'C' units and I'm seeing what a mistake it was to buy one so early.

My farming activities aren't my primary job, I need reliability for the times when I'm able to go out and work on the grove.

I would appreciate any thoughts you might have. When I had the unit in to the dealer for the 200 hour service, I told the service guy about this problem before it became as severe as it is now. Of course he couldn't find anything wrong, but then they've never found anything wrong until I had repeated complaints. I don't get the feeling they try very hard.

/ More Hydraulic problems #2  
Rolando,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I use mine the same as you, I run it when I can and need it to be ready to go when I am.

I'm wondering if you should remove both hydraulic filters and pour them into separate containers to determine if there are any metal shavings. As I recall you had the complete pump replaced when metal shavings were found. Your current symptoms sound like more than one section of the pump is acting up.

I'm the one who should be having hydraulic troubles after someone (won't mention HER name) filled the hydraulic tank with diesel. Fortunately it was only started a short time before it was discovered.

dsb

/ More Hydraulic problems #3  
not an expert here.but some one had a problem that sounds similar to yours and he had something machanical wrong. his mower was tighting up when it warmed up.