more kubota help

/ more kubota help #1  

quackaddict

Silver Member
Snook, Texas by way of the South Carolina Lowcount
Tractor
Kubota B2920
if you could work your money right so that you're payments would end up being within 10 bucks on any of these three tractors, which model would you go for?i wouldn't have to put anything down in the 2800 geared, and put about 1k down on the other two

L2800 4x4 geared
L2800 4x4 HST
L3400 4x4 geared

tilling, shredding, PHD'ing, FEL, and boxblading(not necessarily in that order)

/ more kubota help #2  
if you could work your money right so that you're payments would end up being within 10 bucks on any of these three tractors, which model would you go for?i wouldn't have to put anything down in the 2800 geared, and put about 1k down on the other two

L2800 4x4 geared
L2800 4x4 HST
L3400 4x4 geared

tilling, shredding, PHD'ing, FEL, and boxblading(not necessarily in that order)
FEL (lOTS OF BACK AND FORTH MOVEMENT)=HST always
Mostly forward movement at constant speed=geared OK
Me=HST for any thing but plowing which I never do.

/ more kubota help #3  
I have geared and HST tractors, I will never buy another geared tractor.

/ more kubota help #4  
I have both (geared and HST) and I'm happy with both. However, for tilling, you either need HST or at least a creeper range (usually an additional 4 gears, e.g. a 12 gear range tractor).

Tilling is done at moderate to high engine rpm but very low ground speed. With the typical 8 gear manual transmission, you'd have to be slipping the clutch for tilling:eek::eek::eek:

Ken

/ more kubota help #5  
I've had both and I really like the HST. Of course it might depend on the intended use. I use my tractors for snowblowing, tilling, brush hogging and FEL work. For all the above I like HST.

/ more kubota help #6  
HST L3400. It's $1000 more. You'll be kicking yourself if you don't get it.

/ more kubota help #7  
I try the L2800 gear but clutching w/fel work really didn't care for it.
I purchase L2800HST fel also scraper blade,like it a lot also Mrs.

/ more kubota help #8  
   / more kubota help #9  
I try the L2800 gear but clutching w/fel work really didn't care for it.
I purchase L2800HST fel also scraper blade,like it a lot also Mrs.

How old are you and how long do you intend to keep it? Clutching reaks havoc on old knees - HST ALL THE WAY. Just my opinion....:)

/ more kubota help #10  
Do you have to clutch on the 'bota or do you just use the shuttle shift once you are in gear? If you have to clutch for anything other than range changes etc. I would not get it. Shuttle shift is OK if you don't have to keep clutching.