More production of crops less production of livestock

/ More production of crops less production of livestock #1  

RidgeTopWVA

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 4400
I have been reading some countries are starting to manadate less production of livestock and place more emphasis on growing crops for food production due to methane I personally enjoy my steak, pork and fried chicken .

/ More production of crops less production of livestock #3  
I have been reading some countries are starting to manadate less production of livestock and place more emphasis on growing crops for food production due to methane I personally enjoy my steak, pork and fried chicken .
Also mandating less fertilizer and lower crop output.... Netherlands is forcefully shutting down 3000 farms. Only the mega corporate farms will be allowed to produce IMHO.

/ More production of crops less production of livestock
Also mandating less fertilizer and lower crop output.... Netherlands is forcefully shutting down 3000 farms. Only the mega corporate farms will be allowed to produce IMHO.
I was reading about the alternate ideas for the fertilizer growing crop cover's the term green manure. Another method of trying to control people with all of this stuff.

/ More production of crops less production of livestock #5  
I was reading about the alternate ideas for the fertilizer growing crop cover's the term green manure. Another method of trying to control people with all of this stuff.

"green manure" is an old idea which was largely forgotten by commercial farmers when industrial fertilizers became cheap after WWII. There's nothing suspect about it. It's what gardeners do when they cover crop.

/ More production of crops less production of livestock
"green manure" is an old idea which was largely forgotten by commercial farmers when industrial fertilizers became cheap after WWII. There's nothing suspect about it. It's what gardeners do when they cover crop.
I am not questioning it working , I just cannot percieve these crop farms with thousand's of acres utilizing it and staying profitable , but then again what do I know about what they can do and cannot do on a mass scale.

/ More production of crops less production of livestock #7  
Not just what they can do also about how much it costs.
At least the meat supply is covered as long has I can get winter hay, and hay is the only crop around here.

/ More production of crops less production of livestock #8  
Nobody will cut for free other than yourself, just hoping for a good year and that prices stay down.
Like to spend less than 2K for hay.

/ More production of crops less production of livestock #9  
California guzzles millions of gallons of water from the Colorado River to grow alfalfa that they export to Saudi Arabia,