Moritz?

/ Moritz? #1  

John White

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030
I run on to a 18' equipment trailer. Moritz. Guy cant tell me much about it. Haven't seen it yet. I assume they have torsion axles which I am not fond of. How is their workmanship, Welds, etc. I have seen some trailers that they look they used bubble gum to weld them.

/ Moritz? #3  
I had a 27 foot gooseneck Moritz that I put over 400,000 miles on it. I bought it used. It carried the weight well and the paint held up well. I was rear ended twice while I was towing it. The damage appeared months later as the small cracks were fractured and the water started to rust the damaged welds. I was hit hard enough that it broke one of the plates off of the hitch under the truck body. I put several thousands of miles on it after I was hit. It was still straight when I sold it.

It was a 14,000 pound trailer with the torsion axles. They gave a good ride. I did have to replace both of the axles and they are a lot of money to replace. I now have a Big Tex and it is a piece of dung. Never will I buy another one. It is the standard spring and axle. I have had 2 springs and 1 set of u-bolts break off the trailer. There was no damage showing before they broke. Three times this trailer has left me stranded. And yes I use it but I do not overload it. I have the scale tickets to prove it. I will not carry over 10,000 pounds.

However I have not found any one that will say they are impressed with the new trailers of any brand.

/ Moritz? #4  
I have both a Moritz and a Kauffman and both are good GN's. I do like the beavertail a bit better on the Kauffman. and the paint on my Moritz went south pretty quick so I had it repainted at a local garage. All I haul is big round bales and I've really overloaded both before. They may wallow a bit in the middle, but they spring right back straight. Neither is strapped either. I've heard that Big Tex is junk but don't have one to compare and don't know of anyone who has one either.

My Kauffman has a completely floored upper deck as well. Nice for putting a couple extra round bales on a load.