Most useful attachments

/ Most useful attachments #1  

marhar

Gold Member
Tractor
Farm Trac 60
What are the most used attachments you have? What attachments do you never use?

/ Most useful attachments #2  
What are the most used attachments you have? What attachments do you never use?
Of course my front end loader and with it pallet forks, and grapple with which I am always using one of them. One of them is always on the tractor and I don't know how i could do without all of them.

/ Most useful attachments #3  
I use all of my attachments a fair amount. A good set of pallet forks is very versatile for a relatively small investment.

/ Most useful attachments #4  
Least used is a set of discs. Most used this year is a toss up between the gannon and the landscape rake.
I have a bobcat and a forklift so that effects my choices.

/ Most useful attachments #5  
Least used is a set of discs. Most used this year is a toss up between the gannon and the landscape rake.
I have a bobcat and a forklift so that effects my choices.

I had a disc and sold it. I also have a tiller. The tiller does everything better and takes a fraction of the room to store.

/ Most useful attachments #6  
I had a disc and sold it. I also have a tiller. The tiller does everything better and takes a fraction of the room to store.
The Towner disk I have is big and heavy with actuating steel wheels.

/ Most useful attachments #7  
FEL, pallet forks, rotary cutter, and 6 way rear blade. I also have an all purpose plow that is great but I only use it once or twice a year for garden prep. All that I ever have need for. I used to own a lot of seldom used implements for another smaller tractor and sold them with the tractor. When I bought my new tractor I only bought the implements that I used frequently. Your mileage may vary for your uses.

/ Most useful attachments #8  
Right now grapple and powered pallet forks

/ Most useful attachments #9  
For next couple of years my big usage will the bale spear, backhoe and loader. Least used right now is brush mower, but invaluable when needed.

/ Most useful attachments #10  
It will depend on where you live and what you need to do, but for me, in order of the time used: FEL, Box blade, pallet forks, grading blade, and carry-all (to which I have built a box/uber +). And whichever one you really need at the time for the task is the most important one you have.

Others are not used much - this is why:
Rotary Mower- bought it with the tractor - just don't need it much so will sell it.
Post hole digger - the least useful purchase for me because the hard dirt and DG and rocks - kind of make it worthless - the effort to hook it up and line it up (often on challenging terrain), and storage/handling issues, just does not make it worth it for me - will sell it.
Middle buster - used at times but I really have not been able to get it deep enough to really make a difference for me.

And though it is not an implement - a tooth bar is very useful at times.

Last edited: