MOTORCYCLE - TW200

/ MOTORCYCLE - TW200
Found a new 2023 and picking it up tomorrow. It just fits what I want perfectly. SUPER simple, carb, will do 55 mph, wide and low, and is not really that expensive.
We have SO many 1 1/2 lane roads, dirt roads, and gravel roads nearby I can ride for hrs if not days. To get to them I have to jump on a light traffic 55mph road (most cars go about 45mph due to it being rough and not straight for more than 25' at a time) for less than 2 miles. After that most riding will be in the 20-25mph range. We even have some roads where the road goes in and out of the creek for miles so the wide tires will aid my traction in places like this. For example, here is one of the named county maintained roads where I will be riding:
Screenshot 2023-05-10 at 6.50.04 PM.jpg

/ MOTORCYCLE - TW200 #12  
I had a TW200 AKA ”thumper” for several years. I used it on Forrest service roads and single track trails in the rockies for elk hunting. Great little bike, tons of accessories, very stable and low center of gravity. Found it lacking power sometimes at high altitude (carb tuning), but nothing that bothered me. I was never in a hurry, just a very fun get around bike.

I sold it when I moved and regretted it ever since. They hold their value and are almost impossible to find in good condition used.

Attachments

• 3CD27971-E7CA-47CD-8D95-7280729B9665.jpeg
    3CD27971-E7CA-47CD-8D95-7280729B9665.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 60
   / MOTORCYCLE - TW200
Quick followup.
I got the bike and have to say it is a great little machine. It is not a powerhouse or an off-road screaming demon but a really nice ride around the backroads and enjoy the ride/view type of bike. It will run 55 on the big 2 lane if needed but that is about all the faster it really wants to do.
On the back gravel roads, it was nice and stable and sort of tractor-like. Pretty torquey little motor and the wide tire pulls without spinning which is perfect. Not a Ninja but a lot of fun and sort of a two-wheeled ATV..

Attachments

• IMG_8967.jpeg
    IMG_8967.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 57