Mouth Taping, Anyone Else Doing It?

/ Mouth Taping, Anyone Else Doing It? #31  
I've been on Bi-pap for years (higher pressure than cpap).
First time using it was like a switch got flipped. I woke up realizing how badly I had been sleeping since my late teens (59 now).
Sometimes, sleeping in a certain position, I wake up dry as hell because the machine blows out through the mouth, Haven't lost any teeth yet because
of it. Luckily.
You need about 4 hours of restorative sleep per night. After my first sleep test the Dr. said I was getting about 45 minutes of restorative sleep a night.
A frightening number to him.
My last sleep test about 7 years ago the Dr. told me don't ever sleep without the machine. It could be fatal several different ways. Heart attack, stroke, etc. caused by apnea.

All this to say, OP have you ever considered getting a sleep study done to assess a better treatment than tape?

It's not an attractive thing to wear at night, especially if it's your first "sleepover" with a new woman, but in the end the machines are almost completely silent, and it was
a life changer for me.

/ Mouth Taping, Anyone Else Doing It? #33  
This is easily the strangest thread I have read, on this forum.
Put some digidamitous earth in your mouth tape it shut and you will wake up with all your issues cured or you won't wake up. Either way no more worries;)lol

/ Mouth Taping, Anyone Else Doing It?
All this to say, OP have you ever considered getting a sleep study done to assess a better treatment than tape?
Did the sleep study about 30 years ago. Put me on a CPAP machine.
Several years later quit the CPAP after had this done: (Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (UPPP) is a procedure used to remove excess tissue in the throat to widen the airway. This sometimes can allow air to move through the throat more easily when you breathe, reducing snoring)

Subsequent sleep studies showed I didn't have sleep apnea. No snoring but mouth came open and dried it out.

With mouth taping no more dry mouth and better sleep now.

/ Mouth Taping, Anyone Else Doing It? #37  
The title sure didn't result in what I thought it was

My first thought was "Your a brave man Charlie brown"

If I tried taping my wife's mouth, I would end up in the hospital

Last edited:
   / Mouth Taping, Anyone Else Doing It? #40  
Never heard of using tape at night. I also use a CPAP (10+ years), with nasal pillows. It somehow forces me to keep my mouth shut, while in use.