Move 20ft ocean container on car trailer

/ Move 20ft ocean container on car trailer #11  
Won't the container have a tendency to "skate"? You'll need some super-strong tie downs.

/ Move 20ft ocean container on car trailer #12  
If the floors are so weak, how do they manage to fill them with 10s of thousands of pounds of merchandise and life them from the upper corners?

/ Move 20ft ocean container on car trailer #13  
Subscribed to this thread so I can see how it turned out ..... :thumbsup:

/ Move 20ft ocean container on car trailer #14  
Me too... always looking for more storage.

/ Move 20ft ocean container on car trailer #15  
Also watching to see how it turns out. Never dealt with a container...

/ Move 20ft ocean container on car trailer #16  
They are big and awkward to move and require 8' forks. Great secure storage, but depending on what your store, a little hard to utilize the space.

/ Move 20ft ocean container on car trailer #17  
   / Move 20ft ocean container on car trailer #18  
I take it that the road was always uphill since there doesn't appear to be a way to prevent the container from just rolling into the back of your tractor on a downslope.
Yes all up hill.
I don't have any photos of the steep part of the road.
I was too chicken to pull it directly behind the tractor on the steep section in case the container tried to pull me back down hill.
I put a snatch block on a very large Poplar tree and ran 500 feet of 1/2 inch cable from the container to the tractor and drove the tractor down hill. That worked well

/ Move 20ft ocean container on car trailer
Paul thats also my style! Have a dozer on site appx same size. Also a portable 12000 lb winch on a 2"receiver. Wouldn't mind using the dozer like that in the snow or on frozen ground. Thanks for pics!! :thumbsup: So you were able to steer it just by scrubbing the fronf wheels?

/ Move 20ft ocean container on car trailer #20  
Paul thats also my style! Have a dozer on site appx same size. Also a portable 12000 lb winch on a 2"receiver. Wouldn't mind using the dozer like that in the snow or on frozen ground. Thanks for pics!! :thumbsup: So you were able to steer it just by scrubbing the fronf wheels?

Yep when I needed to scooch it over to steer I would just use another pulley as a redirect on the winch line.