Mowing Mower for 1425

/ Mower for 1425 #1  

menchhofer

Silver Member
Am thinking of purchasing the 60# mower for my 1425...anyone have this? How does it cut? How heavy duty is this mower? I am thinking of using it to cut 5 acres instead of purchasing a new lawn mower.

Perhaps a comparison from you 422-425 owners would help who have the mower. thanks

/ Mower for 1425 #2  
well ill chime in here ... the mower does very good for me here in ga. i have 1.5 acres to mow and it takes me all of 40 minutes to cut it but i do alot of obstacles to cut around . it is very heavy duty and i personally have had no issues with mine. i also have a hilly yard to which some have wondered if it would cut as good as the commercial scag mower i did have but i wouldnt swap it back if i had too

/ Mower for 1425
I guess I should have said 1430...I spaced it. How about the difference in the cut between the finish mower and other bush hog style?

/ Mower for 1425 #4  
We are extremely happy with the quality of the cut from our 60" finish mower on our PT425. There are some videos of it in action on our website.

The cut cannot be compared to the brush cutter. The brush cutter is a brute that beats the material into submission, rather than cutting it like a barber. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Mower for 1425 #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( We are extremely happy with the quality of the cut from our 60" finish mower on our PT425. )</font>

Ditto, we really like ours too /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Mower for 1425 #6  
As mentioned the 60 inch cut is very good. I also have had very good results from mulching the leaves in the fall even though it is not considered a mulching machine.
PJ