mowing at night M7060 lights suck

/ mowing at night M7060 lights suck #1  

Little General

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota M7060 w cab Kubota x1100c Kubota KX008 John Deere 4400 , JD TLB110
Title says it all. The lights on my M7060 suck and in the time of LED lights, Kubota missed the boat on this one. IU have quite a few LED lights from a buddy of mine that works for Truck Lite that i am going to mount on my tractor. Anyone have any idea what these wires are for?
m7060 light.jpg

/ mowing at night M7060 lights suck #2  
I have a B3000 with the OEM Kubota Halogen work lights.

I tried cutting grass last week in the dark and it was a real PIA.

It was darker than I thought it would be.

I have just finished installing some Rigid Industries D2 Dually LD's in the back, and looking for some brackets for the front that will work to mount the D2's.

I also have some LED headlight bulbs that I need to try to install.

The rear LED's are a HUGE improvement and I am looking forward to seeing how the front lights look.

/ mowing at night M7060 lights suck #3  
Here is the wiring diagram looks a like a plug for another lite, same switch

Attachments

• WorkLite7060.jpg
    WorkLite7060.jpg
    444.4 KB · Views: 566
   / mowing at night M7060 lights suck #4  
I have festooned my L3400 with LED lights (basically, cheap ones from China- although they all must come from China these days) since I used to need to snow plow at night occasionally, and they work fine. Two front, two rear, two side, or alley, lights. The current draw is very nominal, and they have worked fine for years. Just warm enough for snow to melt off. Waterproof rocker switches, lighted so if they get turned on in the day, I know it. Also installed a waterproof digital voltmeter, just as a simple way to keep an eye on my battery and charging system. For some reason, I can't remove the photo that shows the earlier version with just the two lights per side...

P1010878.jpg ]P1010673.JPG P1010754.JPG

Attachments

• P1010523.jpg
    P1010523.jpg
    398.3 KB · Views: 312
   / mowing at night M7060 lights suck #5  
Like Varmint, I added 6 LED lights, all on my roll cage, and with them all on, I don't even use my factory lights in the grill, they just shine on the back of the loader bucket anyway. I often mow at night, or finish in the dark at least!

/ mowing at night M7060 lights suck #6  
Kubota has to have the weakest headlights in the industry. The lights in my M's are comparable to a flashlight with almost dead batteries. I added LED's a long time ago. If good enough for JD, good enough for me.

/ mowing at night M7060 lights suck #7  
Here's a description of the current setup on my L4240. Tonight I started mowing after dark because of my schedule the next couple days. The night shot has all the lights turned on, but tonight I turned the two forward facing roof-mounted lights off and still had plenty of light where it was needed. It was also kind of relaxing/cozy without the hood being illuminated. When it's time for snow the grill guard lights won't be much help so I'll be running the cab-mounted lights for sure.

Lighting Revisited - OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota

/ mowing at night M7060 lights suck #8  
If those two wires come from up under your rear fender - they are hot leads. They power my rear light. If I had to do night work - I'd be getting LED flood lights from J A McDermott out of Ridgewood, New York. Commercial 12 volt LED flood lights. I've worked on commercial fishing boats that use them.

If you REALLY need lights - these are the ticket.

/ mowing at night M7060 lights suck #9  
I have 2x 30W LED flood lights mounted on my ROPS (no, I didn't drill - I simply used wide HVAC band clamps).

I have one mounted for the front, and one reversed for the rear. You can see 500' all around.

/ mowing at night M7060 lights suck #10  
While I havnt had to do much night work with my M7060, I have an LED light bar on my car and had some on a truck. Our airplanes at work also have switched to LED landing lights. One thing I don’t like about the LED’s, they make very little heat, and in the winter time ice and slush build up on them and does not melt off like a halogen. In another few months I guess I’ll find out how bad these halogens are for night snow blowing.