Mowing Dilemna

/ Mowing Dilemna #1  

teejk

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 2020, IH CC 1250, Ariens 926 Snowthrower
My old 1250 Cub Cadet is in tear-down mode waiting for me to change out a few seals on the hydro pump before I put everything back together. So yesterday I picked up a new zero turn mower (a Raptor Hustler, selected mostly because of the welded vs. pressed deck). The problem is that it is so much fun to operate that we now have some serious family in-fighting (I never saw that with the old Toro walk behind or even the old Cub). These things are like driving a go-kart!

/ Mowing Dilemna #2  
LOL! They are fun but we fight over the tractor/brush hog because you are up out of the mess and are less likely to get eaten alive but the zero turn as a consolation prize is still fun!

/ Mowing Dilemna #3  
So what is the dilemma ?

/ Mowing Dilemna
So what is the dilemma ?

The dilemna is that all of a sudden people in the house want to mow the lawn (including me...I never operated one before but will repeat that I think that I have had more fun mowing the lawn than anytime in my life). We only mow about 3/4 acre (the rest of the 2 acres occupied by the house/ outbuilding and the forest buffer that I think is going to produce a good crop of blackberries this year (if I can get to them before the birds). I guess I could assign small parcels or alternate...because it is so much fun, I'm thinking about attaching some "chores" to the right to mow the lawn (that would be a first in this house).

/ Mowing Dilemna #5  
I suspect once the newness wears off you'll be left to mow your grass in peace.

/ Mowing Dilemna
Dunno...I used to race go-karts but I've never driven a zero turn mower before. I loved racing go-karts. The lawn needs mowing (although in our sand/gravel lot it is iffy until we establish a nicer lawn). Win win with a zero turn.