Mowing Steep Hills

/ Mowing Steep Hills #71  
They look impressive and expensive. Just wondering approximate cost? Ventrac with Tough Cut or 72” finish mower will be in the $30-35k depending on options (engine and others).
PowerTrac posts their prices on their website. I believe their biggest is now over $50K.

/ Mowing Steep Hills #72  
^^^^
Just to refresh, the OP’s budget is maxed at $4K.

Mike

/ Mowing Steep Hills #73  
^^^^
Just to refresh, the OP’s budget is maxed at $4K.

Mike
I get it. These threads go on and on with everyone having their opinions. There is a lot of good knowledge on here. However, the OP states he has bad knees and a push mower is out of the question...he wants a rider. Unfortuately there aren't a lot of safe, effective options out there for steep hillside mowing, and virtually none in the OP's budget. I'm not being negative, but just realistic.

/ Mowing Steep Hills #75  
I get it. These threads go on and on with everyone having their opinions. There is a lot of good knowledge on here. However, the OP states he has bad knees and a push mower is out of the question...he wants a rider. Unfortuately there aren't a lot of safe, effective options out there for steep hillside mowing, and virtually none in the OP's budget. I'm not being negative, but just realistic.

Indeed. I agree. That’s the unfortunate reality….which is why I did tons of research and eventually spent more money than I ever thought I’d spend on a lawnmower to safely mow my hilly property. And, I have one of the least expensive hillside mowing options.

Mike

/ Mowing Steep Hills #76  
I've a Ryobi 48v ZT480e that is good on hills now that I put these Carlisle ribbed tires on it. Our back yard is quite steep. With original turf tires, I had to either go straight up and back down, shifting over at the top. With these tires, I can go across and every forward down the slope.

Before, it could be wicked on a double slope.

Mows up to 2 acres/charge. No gas. No Oil. No belts. No gearboxes. No sparkplugs nor air filers.

From Home Depot.
I saw these at HD. Looked solid.

CT