ms250 not starting

/ ms250 not starting #1  

mapuafirewood

Tractor
nuffield 4/65
ive had similar problems with ms250 not starting....
found the sparkplug lead cover has a tiny pin in it that pierces the lead...make sure that pin is pushed into the lead as this takes the current to the plug...
ie: the pin is part of a coiled wire inside the insulator that fits over the top of the spark plug...
cheers..hope that helps some of the issues
Howie.

/ ms250 not starting #2  
Test your spark first and it’s good then maybe take your mixture screws both in and then bring them back out 1/2 a turn. See if it starts and then tune from there. High screw first then the low screw.

/ ms250 not starting #3  
I find the 250 flood rather easily.
Take an air hose and blow out the cylinder.
Then insert a dry spark plug and crank it w/o the choke about a dozen times or more.
Real sensitive chokes on these things. I've used a ton of chainsaws and I personally do not harbor delight for the Stihl 250.
Choke it once, pull the starter rope no more than twice then knock off the choke.
Keep pulling until it starts.
Once a saw gets finicky about starting, I get rid of em.
Too much new and better stuff out there.
Life's too short.

/ ms250 not starting #4  
Pull the plug and stick it back in the boot and test spark. If not, Try a new plug. If not you need a new coil. If you have spark put the plug back in and check impulse and fuel line. If they are connected and look good, Buy a new carb as yours has a bad diaphragm. Plug = $ 3.00 Carb $12.00. It will run again or I will buy it. None of the above? There are several Pro repair dudes on here that can further assist.