MT 125 will not start.

/ MT 125 will not start. #1  

jdeilus

Silver Member
Tractor
LS MT 125 (still waiting for delivery)
I was doing a lot of work with my tractor and I **** it off to go eat. When I came back it will not start. I hear the relay clicking, but it will not turn over. I have the seat switch bypassed so it isn’t that. It happens 3 days ago too. I let it sit for a while then I washed it. After that it started. It’s been sitting for 3 hours now and still won’t start. I even hoses it off. Any suggestions? Could it be my battery getting week. I had this for two years now. Or is there another safety switch that can cause this?

/ MT 125 will not start. #2  
First double check your bypass for the seat switch, maybe it worked loose.

Check the HST pedal switch.... the pedals have to be even with each other and the switch underneath the floorboard needs to be making contact.

Also try turning the PTO switch on / off a few times.

Check the parking brake switch to be sure it's making contact.

Double check the battery and ground connections.

/ MT 125 will not start.
My tractor is sitting in some mud right now. If I take a wire and connect it from the battery to the wire on the starter, wouldn’t that bybass all the safety switches and start the tractor. That way I can at least get it on pavement to check the switches.

/ MT 125 will not start. #4  
Check the neutral safety switch on the right side in front of the rear tire inside the frame. It comes unattached.

/ MT 125 will not start.
I checked the neutral safety switch connection and rechecked the bypassed seat switch. A ran a wire from positive to the battery terminal E to start it. It started and I moved it out of the mud and into my garage.

/ MT 125 will not start. #6  
Possibly the ignition relay. Should show it in the owners manual. They are common relays, so you can just try and remove / replace each one with a known good one. If it fires.... you found the culprit.

/ MT 125 will not start.
Found the problem. I took out my handy jumper wire and started to check all the safety switches. It was the neutral switch. I checked the connection yesterday, but I jumped it today. It started right up. I have it jumped for now until I get a new one.

/ MT 125 will not start. #8  
Glad you found the problem, and it was simple too!

/ MT 125 will not start. #9  
Glad to hear you got it figured out.
Mine came off the frame. Put a little thread lock on the bolts to keep it tight
New switch is about $20.00 in my area