Oil & Fuel MT125 Engine Oil Filter Cross Over

/ MT125 Engine Oil Filter Cross Over #11  
I want to point out, there is nothing special about the little Yanmar engine in the LS MT125. It is a great engine use in hundreds of applications. The same engine is use in the many of the smaller Military generators. As a Maintenance Warrant Officer in the Army, I have supervised 100+ oil changes on these engines setting in the desert running in 120+ degree temps. Wix is one of the main filters in the Army supply line for these little engines. They just run and run and run. I know personally of 15 Generators that ran 7 days a week for 11 months only to be shut down servicing. We had generator problems, but never with the engine. I say all of this to make the point, WIX will get it done. I also recommend the Mobil 1 M1-108.

/ MT125 Engine Oil Filter Cross Over #12  
I've used and sold Wix filters for years. Always considered it a first class product.

I agree. Wix is a fine product. Makes all of NAPA's filters also. I will use a Wix or a Mobil 1 filter on my engine. I have not researched the hydraulic filters yet.

/ MT125 Engine Oil Filter Cross Over #13  
Perhaps a more precise cross-over is WIX 51358. Using the Yanmar part number on the LS filter's box (119305-35151), it crosses over to WIX 51358. Comparing 51358 to 51365, the height of the 51365 is a match for the LS Filter; 66mm vice 71mm. But the By-Pass Valve Setting, Burst Pressure, and Max Flow Rate are different between the two WIX filters. I would be inclined to go with the filter that WIX calls out as being the direct cross-over to the Yanmar filter, the 51358. At the end of the day, none of the differences are likely to be deal-breakers. As noted earlier in this thread, keeping up with the oil and filter changes matters the most.

/ MT125 Engine Oil Filter Cross Over #14  
CDinnes, did you get your tractor from RCO? If so, check their prices on the genuine LS filters... they just lowered the prices, now very competitive with any aftermarket filters. So much so that I can get them shipped to me for just a little more....

/ MT125 Engine Oil Filter Cross Over #15  
My only concern is if you had a problem and the dealer saw an aftermarket filter. Other than that I wouldn't sweat it.

/ MT125 Engine Oil Filter Cross Over #16  
I got this first set of filters (for the 50 hr service) from RCO. Prices were competitive. Generally, I go with OEM for everything, for every vehicle and piece of equipment we have. But. If I know I can get better quality from an aftermarket source, I will often go that way; regardless of price. Most of the filters, I am happy getting from LS. Like, the Air Filter is a straight up Donaldson, with a Donaldson PN embossed on the end cap, (made in China, but at least a top name brand filter). But the HST hydraulic filter and the engine oil filter are both no-name Chinese filters. If I can help it, I won't be doing that again.