MT225S rear ballast ??

/ MT225S rear ballast ?? #11  
This in my first snow season with my LS tractor as well. Dont we want to use the "float" function on the FEL joystick when plowing??

On my FEL joystick there's a little lever in the front at the base of the joystick I just drop the bucket and angle it the way I like and pull out the float function lever??
Most of the time, yes. You will want the bucket cutting edge flat to the surface, put in float, and monitor the bucket. It's easy to catch an edge and start digging into the surface. If your paved, probably not a huge deal. If your gravel, then that could be bad.

To put your FEL into float, simply push forward on the joystick all the way past the detent. That is float. The lever on the front of the joystick is the joystick lockout. You wont be able to move the FEL when that is locked. FYI.

/ MT225S rear ballast ??
As others have stated, you might need ballast, but try to plow without it.

Do you have hills?
What is your driveway made out of?

The reason for these questions is chains. If you have hills, and I mean, slight hills, your tractor will benefit from wearing chains. But if your driveway is paved concrete, your chains would will put little dimples all over it. Asphalt, wouldn't worry about it. Gravel, go for it. I have filled tires and chains. But my driveway is steep and made of gravel.

The amount of ballast in your tires is negligible. It's better than nothing, but those tires dont weigh much. Just looked up the tire size and the Rimguard tool, your tires filled weigh ~170lbs per tire. Thats not much. But again, better than 0.

My best advice is to run what you have. You will learn very quickly if what you have is adequate. If you feel you need more weight, put your BH on and try it. If you feel like all you do is spin, take a look at getting chains.
Driveway is concrete...goes from flat / slight to 6 degrees. Second house is assault driveway with shorter but 6+ degrees to road ( 500 yards between houses ). YES..... I have chains....thats why I purchased them and the 2" Rear Spacers to clear frame with backhoe attached. I have run chains on my Kadota BX for the 20 years....not worried about slight damage to driveways.
"170lbs per tire. Thats not much." 🙃😁 Avenger....I'm 6'1" 220lbs...66 years young. The friggin chains are heavy to me.(y)😀. In you opinion...would a 5 gallon bucket with cement be sufficient IF NEEDED ?? Want to thank all of you with ur options....this forum is the BEST.

/ MT225S rear ballast ??
This in my first snow season with my LS tractor as well. Dont we want to use the "float" function on the FEL joystick when plowing??

On my FEL joystick there's a little lever in the front at the base of the joystick I just drop the bucket and angle it the way I like and pull out the float function lever??

Rear ballast - on incline probably need something. Try not to drive on the driveway before you plow so you dont make ice tracks/compacted snow. I did that last year and the ice was there to stay for a month or longer.

/ MT225S rear ballast ??
Bobrown....I agree on the 'float" function if I was plowing....however I have to move snow with the bucket loader. FYI the little lever LOCKS the FEL stick from moving....be careful. If you want to get 'ice' off ur driveway....nothing better than the cutting blade on the from bucket....again be careful of stress gaps.... some of mine have a slight height difference and will catch the bucket....ouch. Gotta grind those down next year. 🙃

/ MT225S rear ballast ?? #15  
Driveway is concrete...goes from flat / slight to 6 degrees. Second house is assault driveway with shorter but 6+ degrees to road ( 500 yards between houses ). YES..... I have chains....thats why I purchased them and the 2" Rear Spacers to clear frame with backhoe attached. I have run chains on my Kadota BX for the 20 years....not worried about slight damage to driveways.
"170lbs per tire. Thats not much." 🙃😁 Avenger....I'm 6'1" 220lbs...66 years young. The friggin chains are heavy to me.(y)😀. In you opinion...would a 5 gallon bucket with cement be sufficient IF NEEDED ?? Want to thank all of you with ur options....this forum is the BEST.
If you're running chains, I dont think you need any ballast. Your not using your FEL to lift heavy loads. The tractor, with filled tires, and your 220lbs will be enough to stick to the road quite well. If you're lifting heavy objects, then you'll probably want something more on the back. A 5 gal bucket of concrete weighs about 100lbs. But if you move it back, leverage will help. But I really dont think its necessary. If you got a 30 gal container, maybe a 30 gal drum, that would give you about 600 lbs on the back. Thats heavy. Your tractor can lift about 1900lbs on the lift arms. But again, I'd plow, with the chains, and see how it does.