MT240 Grease zerk or grease fitting size?

/ MT240 Grease zerk or grease fitting size? #1  

Bearsixty7

Veteran Member
Tractor
LS MT240HE. JD LA145.
Any one know what size grease zerk the MT240 needs?

I thought I had read on here that the MT2 tractors/loaders/backhoes used an odd grease zerk, maybe BSP? but can't find the information using the search function.

/ MT240 Grease zerk or grease fitting size? #2  
Yes, they are BSP. Very hard, if not impossible to find out here in my part of the country..... I had the dealer send 10 of them to me. I haven't had to replace any yet....

I got them from RCO tractor in Austin

/ MT240 Grease zerk or grease fitting size? #4  
I had to replace a couple on my LS-branded backhoe, and they were an M6 thread. I got an assortment of them from Harbor Freight for a few bucks. I don't know if they have changed for the newer tractor models.

/ MT240 Grease zerk or grease fitting size? #5  
   / MT240 Grease zerk or grease fitting size? #6  
All the zerks on my machine, that I've had to replace, are 1/8in pipe

/ MT240 Grease zerk or grease fitting size?
I ordered these and picked them up yesterday. 10 for $6.25

KINGFISHER 1'/'8"-28-BSPT Straight Head Angle, Standard Grease Fitting, Zinc-Plated Steel, 39'/'64 inL, 8,??? psi, - 3ANZ2'|'3ANZ2 - Grainger

It looked like a perfect match to the broke one I removed and seemed to install ok, was a little tighter after 1 turn then I would have liked so I removed it and inspected and no cross threading that I could see. I went ahead and installed it snug and greased it with no leaking.

It's deceiving because the threaded barrel is closer to 1/2" diameter and I couldn't find any specs online for them prior to ordering so thought maybe 1/8" was the smaller one but it wasn't.