MT372 STARTER

/ MT372 STARTER #1  

bigdan120

Hey Guys can you help me? I need to replace my starter and I read somewhere you can use a starter from a car or van and just change the nose. Does anyone know which make and model of car I need to get it from?

Thanks Dan

/ MT372 STARTER #2  
To my knowledge, you aren't going to find an automotive starter to cross over to the Mitsubishi's. I know that the Ford Courier alternator crosses over to some of the mitsubishi tractors, used this one myself but I've not heard of an automotive starter cross over. You may want to post this in the Mitsubishi forum and see if any of the gurus there can give you any further insight on that but I have owned a number of larger model Mitsubishi's and follow the Mitsubishi forums pretty closely and don't recall anyone ever having any luck doing this. Give the Mitsubishi forum a shot and see if anyone has had luck doing this. The starters can usually be rebuilt, not always cheap though and I assume maybe you've received a quote and are trying to find a cheaper route.

/ MT372 STARTER #3  
can you supply the real part number for the starter or possibly post a picture of the starter. the number should start the letter M followed by a number from 0 to 9 followed by another letter normally a T then followed by 5 more numbers. i will also try looking up by application when i get back to my shop wednesday.

thanks

mitch becton

also by the way with the proper part numbers you can find a lot of light truck and some auto applications that do carry the same starters and alternators as farm and industrial applications

/ MT372 STARTER
Thanks Guys... I seen a picture of a dodge Colt starter looks close to the right one. The tooth count is off though. I tore mine apart about 4 times cleaning it and trying it and after all that I found the starter gear drive was sticking bad. I cleaned it and then it would not catch so I found a replacement part for 15.00.That starter number was m4t14674 is what I found. They want anywhere from 300.00 to 500.00 for this starter ...LOL I will pull it down the road with rope by hand before I would pay that...LOL

/ MT372 STARTER #7  
I thought you might be close by I have a starter shop I use about 30 mi. from me and he has always repaired anything I would bring him including Mitsubishi.good work and reasonable prices.

/ MT372 STARTER #8  
glad you fixed your unit by some chance it does not work in the future for right now i can supply your starter number m4t14674 which by my books shows fitting a mitsubishi tractor. you cost would be $220.00 exchange it would be a reman unit. just email me if you need this .

thanks

mitch becton

/ MT372 STARTER
glad you fixed your unit by some chance it does not work in the future for right now i can supply your starter number m4t14674 which by my books shows fitting a mitsubishi tractor. you cost would be $220.00 exchange it would be a reman unit. just email me if you need this .

thanks

mitch becton

Thank You everyone for your help! I am going to see how long it lasts me ...

/ MT372 STARTER
Not sure if it is the same but I did find it again.../ MT372 same motor

For my S-370-D Beaver. I Found the answer to my slow, hard starting tractor on "Tractorbynet" From a member...DADZILLA...Get a starter for a Dodge Colt 1978 to 1980, 2.6 liter engine, automatic transmission.( bought one at auto zone for $91.00 for a re manufactured starter)
HOWEVER... You must take the the bell housing off of the OLD starter and put it on the new starter. IT WORKED GREAT FOR ME...
I had left the tractor sit for a month before I did this fix. Put on the new starter and ...I was shocked at the difference... About one engine turn before it took off.

I checked it out it has 8 teeth on the gear not 9.But if all you have to do is change the drive 15.00 dollars and nose then you will have almost a whole whooping 100.00 into a rebuilt starter that everyone wants 200 to 500 for....

Advanceauto
Worldwide Starter
Part No. 16514 59.99 10.00 core as of posting

Last edited: