mulch in the engine compartment

/ mulch in the engine compartment #1  

townsquare

We move mulch around a bit with our 2008 5600 and often get mulch down around the engine compartment. Goes in between the cab and the bed. Anyone fabricated anything to keep mulch out? How do you get all the mulch out after the fact?

Anyone built any CV boot protectors?

/ mulch in the engine compartment #2  
My 5600 has a rubber weatherstripping that is supposed to keep material and water from getting down between the cab and the bed. If the mulch were piled high over the weatherstripping against the cab some would pour over the lip when the bed was tilted. I would build a bed back stop and probably even side rails so you could carry plenty of mulch and keep it all in the bed.

DEWFPO

/ mulch in the engine compartment #3  
I have a bobcat 2200 utility vehicle and have the same problem. I have had a couple fires too. I have a box built for it and I still get the fines from the mulch down in there. I use a backpack blower to clean it out. Good thing to have a fire extinguisher, the first fire, all I had was more mulch, so I used that to smother the fire. I use the back pack to clean out all my equipment-even the cab of the dump truck.