• Thank you for participating in the Summit Tractors Community. Per special arrangement with the TBN team, Summit Tractors will regularly monitor and contribute to this forum to help ensure that the community has direct access to Summit. You can ask and find answers to a range of topics directly from Summit and from other TBN users, including; Where to Buy, Future Retailers and Locations, Financing, Compatible Equipment, Tractor Operating, Equipment Specifications, Parts & Service Support, Warranty and anything else that may assist those in the market for a new tractor. If you cannot find the answer to a specific question on this forum, please feel free to contact Summit Tractors Directly or through a Private Message to Summit Tractors Support via TBN.
Ad top of page

Multi Seal Hydro 1500

/ Multi Seal Hydro 1500 #1  

Tractorowner7

Tractor
TX25H & LX85 Loader
How many gallons of Rimguard does Summit add in the rear tires of a Summit TX25? Does Summit have the tires filled to the full capacity of the tire? If not, what is the full/fill capacity of the rear tires?
I am thinking of putting Hydro 1500 in the tires and the instructions say to: Add 1 gal of HYDRO 1500 for every 10 gals of liquid ballast.

Last edited:
   / Multi Seal Hydro 1500 #2  
How many gallons of Rimguard does Summit add in the rear tires of a Summit TX25? Does Summit have the tires filled to the full capacity of the tire? If not, what is the full/fill capacity of the rear tires?
I am thinking of putting Hydro 1500 in the tires and the instructions say to: Add 1 gal of HYDRO 1500 for every 10 gals of liquid ballast.
Hi there. 30 gallons total, 15 each rear, ~320 lbs. total added, put in each tractor before shipping to stores. RimGuard filled to top of rim.

/ Multi Seal Hydro 1500
Well, I went ahead and bought the Multi Seal Hydro 1500 (5 gal.) for the rear tires and PRO HD 2500™ XE (1 gal.) for the front tires. Since a picture is worth a thousand words:
20230725_175553.jpg

Rim Guard. It looks like soy sauce, it smells like soy sauce, no I didn't thank fully taste it, so I can't say it tastes like soy sauce. But it sure makes a mess like soy sauce!

I took the valve stem out and figured there would be some Rim Guard that would come out and I was ready for that with my handy paper towels. I now know I was being very naive. Luckily, I had a one-gallon jug nearby and I grabbed a rubber hose. Almost 1 gallon of Rim Guard later it had slowed to a crawl coming out. Enough to get the fancy Multi Seal nozzle on the valve stem.

Oh, and the bluish gunk scattered about is the Multi Seal Hydro 1500. I had an incident with the hose popping off the pump from the pressure in the tire. Not the pumps fault, it was mine.

I am guessing my tires were full above the top of the rim. I had the valve stem at the top and almost a full gallon of Rim Guard came out of each tire while letting the air out. Plus, what drained out after the air pressure was gone. I used a rubber hose to direct the flow of air and Rim Guard into a one-gallon jug.

I got the basic pump for the Multi Seal Hydro 1500 and the pump worked well. It didn't seem cheap and is of decent quality. The hose clamps are worse than cheap but surprisingly held. I pumped half the bucket into the first tire. Then I removed the hose from the bucket pump and connected the one-gallon pump hose to it with a hose adapter. I then pumped the Rim Guard back into the tire from the one-gallon jug.

The action of pumping the Multi Seal Hydro 1500 and Rim Guard into the tire pressurized the tire enough so that when you remove the fancy Multi Seal nozzle from the valve stem the contents of the tire want to shoot out at high velocity. Giving you a warm embrace of SOY! Remember kids, there is a shut off valve on the fancy nozzle for a reason!~

I had to plug the stem with my thumb then get the valve core ready to reinsert with the tool. I figured out on the first tire to make this move to insert the valve core from under my thumb so as to have my thumb block the high intensity spray of soy sauce Rim Guard from hitting my face and shirt again!

Then washed my hands again for the 20th time. Let me tell you having the soy Rim sauce Guard on your hands, I did not find pleasing. Have you ever tried dark soy suace. It's a really concentrated form of soy sauce that is most often used in cooking. Paper towels were being ripped off the roll at an alarming rate. And I still had to repeatedly go in and wash my hands. Cause the paper towels can only do so much. Fortunately, it does wash off reasonably well. Giving you some reprieve from the soyRim Guardsauce smell.

Then I aired up the tires, 45psi. I drove the tractor out of the shop and spent the next two hours cleaning the tractor, my floor, all the pumps and tools and myself. Ok, maybe not literally two hours, more like 15 minutes. Just embellished the time a bit to add drama.

Filling the front tires was easy, peasy, after all this. I jacked up the front axle let the air out of the tires, pumped 52 ounces of the PRO HD 2500™ XE into each of the twelve front tires. Put the valve cores back in and aired up the tires, 35psi.

Then as a sign from God of a job well done, it started raining on me as I was airing up the front tires. Now I can confidently travel my 100-acre wood and not worry about flats.

Last edited:
Ad bottom of page