Must be fall

/ Must be fall #1  

Alan L.

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2710
I have about a million yellowjackets hunkered down amongst the C-beams of my metal building. They did this last year too. I wonder why? I never noticed this before.

I used to really hate these insects, but have learned to leave them alone unless they build nests on the porch or close to entry doors. Out in the trees I leave them alone. They don't bother much (other than pain) when they sting me, but my wife is allergic. As long as you don't grab one or the nest they usually won't bother you.

Anyway, these bugs were the only ones I could get close enough to to get a picture tonight. Kind of blurred, but you get the idea.

Alan L., TX

Attachments

• 8-77487-Oct23$04.JPG
    8-77487-Oct23$04.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 88
   / Must be fall #2  
Alan
They look like wasp. They have a nasty bite. I use Wasp and Hornet spray to keep them at a distance. I pick up a couple of cans at Home Depot every spring. Keep one in Garage and other in Barn. Can will spray 10 to 15 feet. One in barn is empty. The garage one only has a small amount left. Temperature is going to drop to the 40's tomorrow. I should have enough until then.
If your wife is allergic to bite's. Do everything you can to eradicate as many of these pests as you can. You might want to make sure you have medication close by.

18-30594-ronssig2.gif

/ Must be fall #3  
I don't mind bees, but I draw the line at wasps, yellow jackets and hornets. They can be mean rascals. Like Ron, when I see 'em, they get nailed with the Wasp and Hornet spray. The wasps have a nasty habit of building nests in our horse trailer. So we also keep a can in the tack room as well as the house.

tractor.gif